“Great place for our tight budget”
Review of Skyline Hotel

Skyline Hotel
Ranked #266 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Visited this hotel and found it a great place to stay. Although we did not spend much time in the hotel, it was clean and the staff were friendly.

It was in walking distance of the attractions (if you are fit & healthy).

We did not eat at the hotel nor use the pool but it looked very nice. I would use this hotel again when staying in NYC

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pinwall_peeps
Write a ReviewReviews (2,583)

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We went to New York in late October 2011, but have left it till now to write about it. Only 1 word would would describe this hotel. Brilliant!! It was in walking distance to everywhere which made it easy to get to and was not far from subways and bus stops.
The staff at this hotel were friendly and helpful and they supplied us with information such as maps on the city, until the last day we didnt realise there was a small shop in the hotel which was full of New York related gifts and was relativly cheap, the bedrooms were clean and spacious and had fantastic views of the city.
The facilites in the hotel were very good (swimming pool) but did not have much time to spend there as we had to sightsee and venture the city.
The hotel was great value for money and would love to come back to it again.
FANTASTIC!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank NewYork1996
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Had a fantastic time at teh Skyline, we stayed in a Junior suite, hotel very clean, staff were very helpful. great location. Will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lauraloo2285
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Always wanted to visit New York and managed to do so last October. We were feeling a little uneasy about staying at the Skyline beforehand but these misgivings were very much unfounded. The hotel was very clean and the room and bathroom was more than we expected which allowed us to enjoy our stay in NY. Situated on 10th Ave at 49th Street we didn't mind the walk to Time's and Duffy's, in fact we chose a different streets both to get there and returning so in some way it felt as we were walking through different villiages each time. Across from the Skyline there's a deli which sells great breakfast rolls and terrific coffee, another tip is to use the 48hr ( hop on and off ,up and downtown) bus tours, the guides on the two we used not only are informative they entertained their passengers during the tour. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and our trip to New York and hopefully will go back and would stay at the Skyline again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank vika6
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I cannot believe that I payed nearly $400 for a restless night in a dirty and broken down hotel room in Mid-town!

It all started off when I couldn't even get my car valet parked for nearly an hour. I finally had left the car to check in and was met with a sour attitude by the reception desk.

My room was on the 5th floor facing 10th street, and the noise was constant and loud. I figured I'd try to drown out the noise with the fan/AC. Well.....I suppose since it was December they figured everybody would prefer heat, and a lot of it because that is the only setting that would work on my AC/ room control fan. It was blowing so hot I has to open the windows to let it cool off. After an hour the room finally got down to an acceptable temperature, roughly 75 degrees F. Then I closed the window and still heard the traffic as though I was walking on the street, there were no noise softening windows installed here.

The shower was not only dirty, but had problems with keeping a constant temp.

I tried to watch a little TV to fall asleep but the channel selection was poor, unless you pay for additional channels or movies. In addition, they charge for wifi!

I could go on but it's only raising my blood pressure. Do yourself a favor and never stay at this hotel, by the way, I got a nice little ding in my drivers side door the next morning when I picked up my car. Thanks Mr. Valet! I can't believe I tipped him. Good thing there's another 500 hotels to choose from. Because I'll never stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
7  Thank knubba
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed at the skyline hotel for 9 days from Christmas 'til just after new years. The location was great - short walk to times square, rockerfeller etc. Or short walk to the subway to get you around easily.
It was a good place to sleep after a long day of being a tourist. Clean, looks like it may have been renovated. Friendly staff.
Not much else was offered beyond that. You have to pay for wifi, the rooms are very small, and towels had not always been cleaned. The room price was steep because of the Christmas period.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights (8th-12th Dec 2011) and was happy overall.

The hotel was literally a 14/15 minute walk from Times Square, and was the same distance from The Port Authority Bus Terminal - which was perfect.

Room was big and clean, not the most modern but I wasn't complaining. Bathroom was adequate and shower was good. TV was a good size and had all the channels you'd want.

Staff were polite and very efficient - we were checked in after a 2 minute process (great!)

Didn't try the restaurant, leisure centre or bar - we were to busy shopping :)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple