$207
$234
$205
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $259/night.

$386
$345
Doubletree.com
$257
$249
  • Breakfast included
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$396
$242
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$174
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$347
$267
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$192
$170
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$170
  • Restaurant
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$289
$130
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

4,679 results
All reviewscolumbus circlerooftop poolthe holiday inn midtowncentral parknorth towernew yorktimes squarelincoln centerbit datedhell's kitchentwo double bedscarnegie halllarge roomconcierge deskfew blockssubway stationmidtown manhattan
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We had planned a four generation trip to nyc to visit the American Girl Place for my Daughters birthday we used hotwire to make the reservation which does not tell you which hotel you are booking until you pay. After we read the reviews i was worried about staying there with young children some of the reviews stated the hotel was not clean and others had problems with security issues , and unfriendly staff. I AM SO GLAD WE DID NOT CANCEL..... We had a beautiful very clean LARGE room, great comfortable beds. We had to change rooms after the first night because there was a problem with plumbing in the room above us (did not effect our room at all, but to be safe we were moved) the frount desk staff gave us free breakfast coupons for the remander of our stay. The second room was just as beautiful and clean. Overall our stay was very pleasant, kind friendly staff, beautiful clean rooms, There are signs posted in the hallway next to the elevators that state they are making many renovations to the hotel i would say they are doing a great job .I will gladly reccomend this hotel to friends and family and stay there again when we visit in the future.......Great Value.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Location within walking distance of Central Park and other attractions. The room was better than what we expected. The bed was really comfortable. If you are a light sleeper ask if you have an ice machine or the lifts near your room.
The female conciege was really helpful and she explained the local bus service.We saw a great deal more by using the buses rather than the subway.
We purchased a seven day unlimited bus and subway pass for $29 each,from Grand Central Station. Well worth it for getting around the city.
If you buy drinks at the hotel bar it is worth checking the pricing,the female bartender was fine.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I've stayed in this hotel a number of times - on family trips and with student group tours - over the past 6-7 years, and I've found it to be perfectly adequate for my needs. And I've recommended it to friends who share my satisfaction with it.
If you're looking for a fine, luxury hotel, this isn't your place. As others have said, it is dated and could use a touch-up; but for the money, it's a good deal, very convenient and perfect if you're in NYC for the city itself. Generally, you're only in the room for a few hours a day - you leave early, return late - for student groups, it's wonderful! A good value, large rooms!
It's within a couple of blocks to Central Park, Lincoln Center and Subway access at Columbus Circle - several inexpensive diners in the immediate vicinity - and not too far from Times Square. I've never had an issue with security or maintenance - slept well and felt safe walking in the area, even early mornings and in the evenings.
As a frequent NY visitor, I've stayed at the Waldorf, Intercontinental, Hampton Inns, other Holiday Inns - but I always check this location first when shopping for price and value.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I found this hotel to have great service. All problems with the room were dealt with very quickly! The maintenace people arrive at your door within minutes of putting down the phone. Rooms are clean. Its an older building, but carpets are new and I can see other renos are happening.
The only problem I had was with the dark haired bespectacled women at the concierge desk. I found her to be rude, offensive and sarcastic. Although she is knowledgeable, she needs to take a course on how to treat clients in a nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AdamVancouver_BC
Reviewed January 31, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here in July 2010 for 6 nights in a quite spacious 2-bed room. We loved the neighborhood feel and its proximity to the theater district and a large variety of neighborhood cafes (Morningstar/Moonraker/Route 66). Have read recent reviews and am surprised because we absolutely DID NOT experience cockroaches/mice or any other "living" creature. Yes, hotel is a 1970's throwback, but is clean with spacious rooms and the service and front desk were both excellent on our visit. For $169/night, I consider this an excellent New York City deal! Walked to Russian Tea Room, Carniegie Deli, theaters. Would absolutely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010