A colleague and I stayed here overnight during the busiest time of the year in Midtown (in fact, the very night that the Xmas Tree was lit at Rockefeller Center, a short walk away). Considering time of year and the fact that most midtown hotels were quoting $350-$450 for similar accommodations, I thought $238/night was a bargain. The location is steps away from Columbus Circle and the various subway lines converging there, Central Park, Lincoln Center, and of course a very short walk to everything in midtown. Also steps away is Hell's Kitchen, meaning there are dozens of reasonably priced restaurants within a 10 to 15 minute walk.
Let's be clear: This is a 1960s building with older HVAC and elevator equipment, so it's not going to meet the expectations of someone who expects things to seem "perfect" and "new." A hotel of this type maintains a low room rate by keep the annual capital investment under control. However, our sleeping rooms, on the 17th floor, were very clean and had new and tasteful furnishings and decor. The bathroom was small (like every hotel bathroom in Manhattan) but clean and in good shape. There is a shared balcony for rooms at this level, but we didn't use it, and keep our doors locked. This location tends to be a lot quieter than the immediate Times Square area.
Finally, the staff we encountered were all helpful and friendly, including check-in, baggage check, housekeeping and the doorman. I had no issues getting a Yellow Cab, but of course walked to the main traffic on 9th or 10th to get one in the proper uptown or downtown direction. (Newbies try to catch cabs on crosstown Streets and later complain about it.)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your The Watson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown