We stayed at this particular Holiday Inn in New York during our first visit to the city last August.
The main reason why we've chosen this hotel is the value for money. It has a superb location which is pretty close to Times Square area, Central Park and a number of fast food outlets. If it's about the location, this is definitely a good spot to stay.
However, the biggest downside are the staff especially the female receptionist who attended me when I checked out in the morning. I cannot remember her name but she was on duty Friday morning of August 23. I don't want to sound racist but I think she is Asian and although that has nothing to do with it, she wasn't the perfect choice to man the reception on a busy check out period.
I manage a hotel as well so I know how receptionists should act and should work during peak times and she certainly hasn't got the interest to serve people on that day.
The other staff were ok but no one really stood out in my opinion.
I cannot fault the cleanliness of the rooms though. It was spotlessly clean every day and whilst the room we stayed in wasn't renovated, it is still very much fit for purpose and I have no complaints about it at all.
All in all, with the exemption of the rude and abrupt receptionist, it was a very pleasant stay. I'd probably not stay here again though but worth a try especially if you're travelling to NYC on a budget!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Watson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown