I've stayed five different weeks in New York for work over the last year; three different times at Holiday Inns and at least 5 other hotels. This location has been the worst of my last two years of traveling for work. The staff was unprofessional and indifferent. The room didn't have heating even though the temperature at night was 45 degrees. I was told because of the mild temperature during the last few days. But other hotels provided heating. The TV remote control did not work. The area behind the lamp stand, phone, and clock was extremely full of dust. So much so that when I tried to plug my cell and iPad I started coughing from the dust. The corner lamp did not work. There was a hair pin on the floor. The TV pops up w/Holiday Inn commercials while watching TV. The customer service was no good. They only reacted after I was upset. Their computers don't show an email address on record unlike the other hotel chains. When I left I asked for my receipt to be emailed but it was never sent. The person at the front desk didn't know that their computers are not capable of doing that (I called later to ask for the receipt). I was going to stay 5 nights but left after the second one. I was never told the credit card was going to have a hold for the entire stay for a few days. I didn't know this because I had never left a hotel early. By far the worst experience. I stayed at other hotels. They all had heating.
I spoke w/at least two Managers. They were unprofessional and had no tact. I was too tired to write names and frustrated over my credit card situation that I even forgot to ask for their names. Since there are a lot of choices for hotels, I will go out of my way to not stay at Holiday Inns in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Groupon, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown