My niece and I had a 22 hour layover in New York on our way home from Ireland and decided to stay here due to it's great location.
Good: Most of the staff was friendly, the hotel lobby and restaurant are quite nice, the location can't be beat (within walking distance of Times Square), the concierge was a great help in booking a hop-on/hop-off bus tour, and the bellhop got us a town car back to the airport (JFK) that was a bit cheaper than taking a yellow cab
Bad: We thought the elevators were going to kill us (they shake something fierce), on our arrival we were hungry and went to the restaurant...even though it was almost 40 minutes to close we were told that unless we took it to go we couldn't eat there, the lady in the gift shop was on a personal phone call the entire time I was in there...even while making my purchase she did not stop talking.
Overall the hotel is very out of date but they are in the middle of refurbishing it....thank goodness. The rooms are large but the bathrooms need serious work (there was something that looks suspiciously like mold in the shower)
Given a choice I would stay at this hotel again. For New York it is quite reasonably priced and our room was on the 14th floor with a great view.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Watson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown