“Really needs an upgrade!”
Review of The Watson Hotel

The Watson Hotel
Ranked #352 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel is very central and close to a lot of attractions. Really does need a lick of paint here and there. Staff are very friendly and rooms were always cleaned. Don’t think the air condition was working in our room so always had to crack the window as it did get really warm at times. Overall, it was pretty average.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Watson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear M99SHX,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our property being dated. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for The Watson Hotel

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location 2 blocks from the subway. The stores around are nice too. Wholefoods and a mini-mall at the globe.TJ MAXX, Gap near the subway. I like the neighborhood feel it has too. I would easily stay here again. I read the reviews and asked for the back rooms not facing the street and slept like a baby! Good breakfast options or you can hit Starbucks on the way to the metro. Customer service was great. I love holiday inns w/ a bar, makes life easier after a long day of work. I was only one stop down from broadway so I went down and caught a show every night. I felt safe on the streets and subway as there are just so many people out at night. Great find for under $100. I bet this place is awesome in the summer w/ the pool top deck. Good job holiday inn!

Room Tip: Away from the street!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2013

For the price of the room I thought the hotel was very nice. The room was larger and nicer than I expected. Location of the hotel is good - several restaurants near by. The only downside was the noise factor from traffic on the street. We stayed on the third floor and it was basically impossible to sleep past seven am.

1  Thank TinaWolfschmidt
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel has some miles on it, but it's hard to beat the location and the price. You're close to Columbus Circle, so you can get anywhere in the city pretty quickly via subway. If the weather is nice, its a reasonable walk to midtown, Times Square, Central Park and the Upper West Side.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having stayed in NYC twice before, this hotel disappointed me. Being ignored at check in (whilst 3 people crowded round a computer at Reception) wasnt a good start. Then eventually someone asking me "what do you want" when they eventually saw me stood there with 2 suitcases at the check in desk....i bit my lip to avoid being sarcastic.

The room itself was spacious, with 2 double beds and it was warm, clean, great TV System. BUT the corridors outside the room had so little carpet or furniture that the noise of anyone walking to and from their room made it sound like they were with you in your room. The family in the room opposite had a screaming child ALL night and the party in the room next door had a wild time.

Lobby staff seem obsessed with arranging taxis for everyone. Might they be on commission????
You cant walk passed reception (even coming INTO the hotel) without being asked 2-3 times if you need a taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for the recently renovated block
1  Thank dr0pdead_g0rge0us
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Watson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear dr0pdead_g0rge0us,

Thank you for the review of our hotel that you recently posted on TripAdvisor. We are glad to read that you found the room spacious, warm and clean. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your dissatisfaction on some of our staff and services. Let me assure you this is not the norm. Your comments were duly noted and will be passed on to the appropriate departments. We appreciate feedback from our valued guests as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This Holiday Inn is the midst of a complete room remodel. I was in the part that has NOT been remodeled and found it to be very nice. The room was clean the bed is comfy. Nice large screen TV in the room. Plenty of towels and hot water. The carpet appears clean. This hotel is no where near the subway but the bus stop is very close to either go downtown(towards Staten Island ferry) or to the east side.
Some restaurants nearby so you are not stuck eating in the hotel.
The front desk staff is rude and when I had trouble with the internet kiosk while trying to print my tickets it was suggested that I did not know how to print. The internet computers are run by some fly by night outfit with no one from the company near to help you. I suggest you find another way to get boarding passes or tickets rather than use the kiosk. The staff at the front desk were the only people who were not customer oriented

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

stayed in this hotel last october, front house staff friendly and polite, room was comfortable but dated,nice walk to 5th ave,times square, and theatres, carniege hall a short walk,hotel away from hustle and bustle,staff were great let us store our bags to go sightseeing as we only had a few hrs in the morning,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple