Myself and my 3 girlfriends booked a room here on a Saturday night in January 2013 to celebrate my birthday. The hotel lobby was pleasant. However, we waited in line for 35 minutes to check in, which was very uncomfortable with all of our luggage. We had requested a corner room and were pleased to find that the hotel was able to accommodate our request.
When we got of the elevator on our assigned floor we were displeased to find unclean and outdated hallways - a used room service tray was left outside of one room and remained there for at least 4 hours. We booked a room with two double beds and they were extremely small (perhaps the size of a standard bed - definitely not a queen size). The beds were also very firm and, as I prefer a softer bed, this was uncomfortable.
As we were getting ready for our Saturday girl's night out we played some music on the small clock radio provided by the hotel and laughed and talked (as friends typically do). We are all college grads and a few of us have our master's degree and we just wanted to enjoy the weekend in NYC. At 8 o'clock on Saturday night we were surprised to receive a stern knock on the door from hotel management telling us that they had received a noise complaint and to be quiet or they would ask us to leave. My friends and I thought that this was particularly harsh language. Especially, as this was the first time they asked us to be quiet and also because it was 8 o'clock on a Saturday night! We did lower our voices and continued to get dressed. At 10 o'clock there was another noise complaint. We assured the manager that we had been trying to be quieter and that we were about to head out anyway and would be sleep after we returned. Now I do respect other people's comfort, but at the same time it was early on a Saturday night and we were not playing any loud music, and since we paid for our room just as other guests we should be able to enjoy our stay within reason.
In short, I would be hard pressed to stay at this hotel again and I certainly would not recommend the establishment to a friend. The front desk and housekeeping staff were pleasant. However, the cons far outweighed the pros. Next time, we will spend a bit more money for a more comfortable hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown