I booked this hotel a year ago and checked the reviews regularly. I must say I was getting worried about the bad press it was getting. We (me and my son) arrived the first flight after the storms and expected the worst. Got a shuttlebus through endless traffic (2 1/2 hours) which was undrstandable given the weeks chaos the new yorkers had put up with.
We got to the Hotel expecting the poor reviews I read. Not so.
The Hotel was smart on initial appearance (dated but added to the charm..no worse than the Pennsylvania I stayed in before. Check in was swift and easy, then straight up to the room. The North block room overlooked South and onto the back end of times square, not pretty but no issues with a city view.
The room tidy, surface clean and what I considered a great base to get around from. Sure, a deeper clean would have been nice and the faulty sink plug could have been fixed but the bed was comfy, sheets were clean and was very spacious.
The bar was expensive but no one put a gun to our head to drink their. One night it was a blizzard in NY so we decided to stay in the hotel and have food...Average NY prices and food was great..Hot spicey chicken with a large Blue Moon beer about 20 bucks...with a blizzard outside and hot sauce over chicken washed down with a great ale...I wouldn't have been anywhere else.
57th is a great location for Central Park, Times Square, tourist sites, shopping and as most of downtown Manhatten was still recovering from Sandy, it was the perfect location.
A speciel mention to the NY Mayor Bloomberg. He kept one of the worlds biggest cities going while cleaning up the sort of mess that would bring the UK to a stand still.
Would not hesitate to book again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown