“New Yorks Finest Place to Stay”

Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #10 of 467 Hotels in New York City
South Yorks
“New Yorks Finest Place to Stay”
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel, well situated for holiday in New York. Had a lovely spotlessly clean room. Breakfast and complimentary coffee/fruit/biscuits - all just right.
Staff were always friendly,and helpful. They did seem to go out of their way to make us feel special. Would always stay here if we come back to NYC and would recommend to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Blueeyes100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Malibu
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in May of 2009. Never knowing exactly what you
are going to get with New York City hotels, we were a little apprehensive about booking
a room. We were not disappointed. The staff was very professional, very courteous. They
really seemed to care about the welfare of their guests. The room was large and clean, and most importantly, very quiet.
Bottom line is that when we left, we definitely agreed that we would book the same hotel
when we next visited New York City. That opportunity came in May of this year, and after
booking a room, and being treated to the same exemplary service, my husband fell ill and
we were unable to honor the reservation. I knew the cancellation policy and accepted that I would have to pay for one night, and was ok with that. But the staff, with no coaxing on my part, left me a message a little later and said that they would waive the fee due to my spouse's illness. This response is what makes Hotel Elysee special. They really do care, and it shows.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rrea
Nijmegen
Reviewed September 7, 2010

If you are not looking for a hotel the size of a super carrier, this is the place. Very nice and professional staff. Next to everything when visiting Manhattan. Perfect breakfast (as long you're not looking for mountains of sausages and bacon). Two thumbs up.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FoxinNL
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2010

The Elysee is charming. The room wasn't as tiny as most NYC rooms. Nicely appointed. We really enjoyed the breakfast. There are no hot items, but you don't miss them. Everything is fresh and plentiful; the breakfast room is cozy and inviting. We always missed the afternoon wine reception, but they left the snacks and beverages out for latecomers.

We paid $265 (AAA) for a Double-Double in July. Booked two months in advance. They filled up quickly.

Only complaint: provide more than one public computer. We waited a long time to print out boarding passes one morning...and we weren't the only ones waiting. Go late at night, not at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ArmchairPlanner
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Great location, spacious rooms along with a very helpful and pleasant staff makes this our New York hotel on return trips.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msbw
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I actually stayed at the Waldorf a few days before and then transfered to the Elysee because we were having a business meeting next door. This small boutique hotel was a very pleasant surprise. I did not choose it but it was chosen by one of our admins because of its great location. My room was very clean and very charming. The recpetion staff was aleays very friendly. THe location was great as it was in a great area but a half bloack off the hustle of Park avenue so nice and quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Scott (Siemens)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have stayed in countless hotels in NYC for business and for pleasure. My first stay at Hotel Elysee this summer was absolutely exceptional. The staff is extremely warm, friendly and welcoming. Their smiles and assistance were always authentic when coming and going from the hotel. When I needed suggestions for restaurants or fitness clubs, I was taken care of in the kindest way. The whole hotel has a warmth that I haven't ever experienced in a boutique hotel before, you feel like you are at home. The rooms are beautiful and exceptionally clean. The continental breakfast served every morning was the best I've had, fresh with many choices. I could go on and on, but this hotel made my last trip to New York one of my favorite ever. I highly recommend this place, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business