4,738 results
All reviews monkey bar club room wine and cheese new york continental breakfast second floor lounge central park cocktail hour hard boiled eggs bagels fresh fruit charming hotel home away from home small hotel each evening king suite midtown manhattan
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Elysee Hotel is my Manhattan home away from home. The location - 54th Street between Park and Madison Avenues - is perfect for me. It's a quiet as can be expected in midtown. I very much appreciate the 2nd floor living room / library area, stocked with teas, cookies and fruit. I'm always comfortable at the Elysee.

Room tip: We thoroughly enjoyed Room 523, what they call a junior suite. Q
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really love staying here. Now that I've turned eighty, it's better than ever. First of all, you are greeted by well dressed, extremely polite young people who act just the way you wish your grandchildren would act. Perfect ladies and gentlemen.

There's a slightly mid-20th century feel to the decor, muted greens and pinks in the bedroom. There's plenty of space in our room. The beds were very comfortable.

My favorite part is the second floor where guests have wine and cheese in the late afternoon and breakfast in the morning. The staff are very efficient and I can't believe they can service so many people...remember everyone's coffee order, getting the toasted bagel to the right person. It's a lovely space. Aunt Grace knows just where to put the orchids and where to tuck away the tables for privacy when possible. You'll love it.

Room tip: It's quiet at the back of the hotel...even if your view is the air shaft.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I feel when I arrive at The Elysee Hôtel that I am coming home! What a fabulous boutique hotel in the heart of midtown. The location is superb! The continental breakfast in the lounge is such a win rather than finding a coffee shop for breakfast and the cheese and wine each evening is another added extra which just makes this hotel so different from your average New York Hôtel! Aside from this the rooms are delightful and the beds some of the most comfortable I have slept in! Elysee I will be back! Thank you!

Room tip: Go for a king bedded room high up!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently stayed at the Elysee for the first time and, simply, it exceeded all of my expectations. The room was gorgeous and large -- we were upgraded to a junior suite, never expecting that nice surprise. Excellent pillows . . . which make a difference! The bathroom was spotless, with both a shower and tub as well as high-end toiletries. The front desk staff went above and beyond to be helpful. Breakfast is ample - fruit, cereals, pastries, tea, coffee - and served in the 2nd floor club room. A special recognition goes to Erica, who was the epitome of friendly hospitality and helpfulness. The same room is the site of the cocktail hour, which offers wine, cheese, crackers, crudites. Would stay here again in a heartbeat and, given that we visit NY regularly, surely will.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just spent a wonderful weekend at the beautiful Elysee Hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful, the room was large, comfortable, beautifully appointed, and quiet. We are looking forward to our next stay at the Elysee Hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple