Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$343
Priceline$999
Orbitz.com$343
CheapTickets$343
Travelocity$343
ZenHotels.com$1,009
4,847 results
All reviews monkey bar club room wine and cheese new york continental breakfast central park bagels floor lounge home away from home small hotel every evening king suite wonderful hotel street noise midtown manhattan love this hotel the location is perfect
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2019 via mobile

I booked two rooms at this hotel for five days for a much-anticipated family trip. The price was high, but I was confident and excited because the hotel has good reviews and was part of the Library Hotel Collection. What we received was shockingly disappointing.

First, the hotel’s elevator was out for the entire stay - a fact that should have been disclosed to us before we checked in. We were forced to use the hotel’s ancient freight elevator, which was slow, ugly, hot and usually unavailable because it was (predictably) full of staff or repair people. The entire process of entering and leaving the hotel was constantly difficult and unpleasant.

Second, the hotel’s restaurant and bar, which are the basis of many of the good reviews, failed to open for three of the five days and closed early the other days, so there were no facilities of any kind available for much of the stay. A hotel without a restaurant, bar or fitness center is not a first rate hotel.

Third, the rooms themselves, along with the entire hotel, are frankly tired looking and obsolete (very few electrical outlets; slow and inconsistent WiFi). I expected a more attractive and business-friendly facility.

Finally, while the staff was mostly friendly, the management was indifferent to the fact that the hotel was operating at such a poor level for us. It offered no meaningful accommodations.

The Library Collection should be embarrassed to have this facility as one if its signature hotels. I rarely post negative reviews, but believe it is appropriate in this case. I can not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MisterXAtlanta
HotelElysee-GM, General Manager at Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2019

Dear MisterXAtlanta,

We are all very sorry the passenger elevator was out of service during your stay with us, July 5-10. Although the service elevator is working and servicing both guests and employees, it is burdensome.

For any future or potential guests, during the last week of June, the passenger elevator began malfunctioning. Our maintenance company was unable to repair the culprit, the elevator’s controllers; it’s so called brain, so we are awaiting new controllers. Unfortunately, these parts are not lying on a shelf in a store, they must be custom made. We anticipate delivery next week and predict the elevator will be back in service at the end of this month.

On Saturday July 6, you approached my Assistant Front Office Manager with your dissatisfaction. He explained to you our predicament and you responded with, how are you going to rectify this? He offered you compensation as recompense for your displeasure, which you accepted. Believe me; we know how frustrating this situation is but to say that management was indifferent is just incorrect. My staff is working diligently to make this situation as painless as possible, we have dressed up the service elevator as best as we could, and we have attendants inside 24/7 to assist guests at all times.

Your stay coincided with Independence Day. On Wednesday, July 3, the restaurant management informed me that in addition to closing on July 4, it would be closed July 5 but open on July 6 in the evening. That night at 10:00pm, the restaurant and bar closed because there were no patrons. We know that you arrived shortly thereafter and you were told it was closed. The restaurant and bar reopened on Monday, July 8 under normal operating hours for the remainder of your stay. We do not advertise having a gym on premise and for the last 26 years we have predominantly used the New York Sports Club, located on East 59 St. and Park Avenue, this facility is free to all guests. Lastly, you mentioned the tiredness of the rooms. We have employed architects and they are drawing up plans for a major renovation. Again, we are all terribly sorry for this inconvenience, and the trouble you encountered, we do not enjoy having to place our guests in such difficult circumstances.

John Avina

Reviewed July 7, 2019

Disappointing after viewing posted photos and reviews. My room was very well worn and watch the slight step up into the bathroom or you will painfully stub your toe. Front desk and staff are friendly, but unfortunately, do not make up for the condition of the hotel. If however, you are primarily looking for location, it is well situated near shopping and relatively comfortable walking distance to Times Square.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank GB2016a
Reviewed July 6, 2019

Very friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble, highly recommended. Great location within walking distance to all attractions, happy hour (free cheese, biscuits & wine between 5-8 a big hit, rooms clean,

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elma N
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

I’ve stayed at most of the fancy hotels in NYC and was positively surprised after spending four days at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and genuine and the continental breakfast that was complimentary is the best one I’ve had in the city. The friendly environment and positive attitude especially in the breakfast room was unprecedented. Highly recommend this place and the location is great.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank marcusl120
Reviewed July 2, 2019

While I did not care for the hotel, the room was a nice size. The furnishing were tired. There is only one elevator and that meant we were constantly waiting for a an old and slow elevator. I found the hotel to be nondescript. I thought the service was very average. I did not think that there was much interest in the guests. You had to step up and around the corner to get to bathroom. It was very awkward. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: May 2019