Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
$335
$305
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$161
  • Pool
$400
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
$159
$126
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
Hotels.com
$153
$138
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
4,303 results
All reviewsmonkey barclub roomwine and cheesenew yorksecond floor loungecontinental breakfastcentral parkbagelscocktail hourhard boiled eggsfresh fruitcharming hotelsmall hotelhome away from homeevery eveningking suitestreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I am late in writing a review of this hotel but wanted to take the time do so, as I was impressed with the hotel, staff, and location, which is near Times Square. My mother and I were able to walk to Broadway to see a play. (I purchased 1/2 price tickets at Times Square, which was within walking distance of the hotel).

I was supposed to stay on Long Island at a B & B that I originally booked in the summer but had to use over my Christmas holiday due to a business conflict. The B & B in Quoque was very disappointing, so I looked at TripAdvisor for accommodations for one night in New York City instead of remaining at the B & B.

When I called Hotel Elysee, I mentioned that I was traveling with my 78 old mother, so I did not wish to have a room above the Monkey bar due to noise concerns. When we arrived, the room we were to have was above the Monkey bar. However, the staff at the Hotel Elysee was very accommodating in offering a change If we were willing to accept a late check in, they would give us 2 separate rooms. My mother and I were very pleased with the 2 rooms we had.

We also enjoyed the hotel amenities such as hot drinks/snacks throughout the day, the wine and cheeze hour and the abundance of breakfast choices including fresh fruit. I was able to take a breakfast tray to my room. After we checked out and before we left New York City, the hotel staff told us that we could come back to unwind in their concierge room for hot beverages. We left our bags with the porter, who provided excellent service in taking them to and from the storage room.

New Yorkers have a reputation of being rude (I'm from the Northeast but live in the South and hear this). However, the staff at this hotel could not have been nicer. They provided helpful information about restaurants, Broadway places, directions to Christmas displays, lazer show, etc. We felt at home despite the dreadfully cold weather and annoying crowds in New York City at this time.

It had been 20 years since I had been to NY city and I will return again sooner to stay at this hotel, which salvaged an otherwise disappointing Long Island B & B experience.

Kathleen

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Elysee and can recommend it highly.

Check-in was efficient and while others have spoken of the small lobby, I don't care too much about a large spacious lobby ... it usually means a large, impersonal hotel. Passing the lovely floral arrangement you arrive at the famous Elysee elevator ... 'the Lift'. While it isn't the fastest elevator in New York (it may even be the slowest at times) we were on holiday and weren't in a rush so it didn't bother us. In fact, most guests are patient and everyone seemed to use the opportunity to exchange greetings and pleasantries so it's not a bad thing.

Once in our room we really liked the European feel ... marble in the bathroom, brass fittings, a chandelier in the room, elegant furnishings etc. The bathroom was small but aside from a lack of space for makeup, cosmetics, shaving gear etc it was fine. There was a small vestibule just outside where we ended up keeping all that stuff. The shower was OK but the water pressure was 'iffy' sometimes.

We had a room on the 15th floor and while we were right beside the elevator, it was very quiet. And yes, the windows are not soundproof but you are in New York. The streetnoise was never really an issue but then again, we were up quite high. And, an added bonus was that the windows actually open so we could allow some of the nice spring breezes in to freshen up the room.

The 2nd floor lounge is probably the most outstanding feature. Large and well appointed, we went there each morning for a delightful complimentary breakfast with a wide variety of unlimited breakfast items (bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, pastries, cereals, boiled eggs, breads, toast, prunes, coffees, teas etc). It was also a favourite spot of ours in the evening after a long day of touring the city or prior to a night at the theatre. An evening glass of wine with a nice selection of hors d'oeuvres was always appreciated (crackers with tasty cheeses, crudites, nuts, olives, bread etc). There was a choice of red or white wine (both decent) or Prosecco. The lounge was staffed appropriately so that the food supplies were immediately replenished no matter how busy the lounge got and the staff were always pleasant and efficient. This feature can end up saving you quite a bit of money and if you take advantage of it, you will quickly see the value.There are daily papers available and a computer in a 2nd small room for you to check your email or surf the web.

Perhaps the other thing worth mentioning is the understated aspect of the service. The staff are very well trained and if you don't need them or want them, they are just quietly present in the background. However, any time we needed something, they were right there to help us out with a smile. This extends from the doorman to the concierges at the front desk to the lounge staff to the maid service. All quiely efficient ... well done.

We loved the hotel and while I could not rate it as a five star, we would return here instead of considering a five-star since the style of the hotel and the service of the staff distinguish it from larger, more expensive facilities with all the amenities. It has just what we want and not more. It's in a great location (we walked to the Met, MOMA, Broadway etc and the boutique hotel feel has an intangible value.

The Elysee is a quiet oasis with a casually elegant feel and while there are a few minor details that don't always meet expections, what the Elysee has is the sense that it is your home away from home in New York and that is pretty special.

3  Thank Richard C
Reviewed March 19, 2010

A four night stay during the wettest weather we’ve experienced for many years. The Elysee a marvellous port in the storm and conveniently central. Our bedroom spacious, comfortable, clean and quiet: The Club Lounge a meeting point for guests over a delicious breakfast. Our visit included opera at the Met as it was for other guests too we soon discovered! Great company! Self service tea, coffee, biscuits and fruit all day, and a selection of daily papers too. Staff more than helpful – even prepared to stand out in the pouring rain for several minutes to find taxis! Look at the photos on the website – they give a true picture. Wine and cheese each evening is convivial and a good ploy for relaxation between day and evening events. Access to the computer in The Library was useful. The laid back atmosphere belies all the care and organisation which makes The Elysee a most acceptable hotel in this fabulous city.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for business and expected a very nice experience based on the reviews I read. The Hotel Elysee exceeded my expectations from the moment I arrived. The doorman was immediately there to help me arrange parking, the front desk staff was friendly, professional and accomodating. The hotel is small but very lovely. The room was enchanting and clean. I loved the nightly wine and cheese in the club room- which is so nice because it allows a person travelling for work or who wants to stay in one night to get out of their room and be in a social environment - with other travelers - without having to navigate the city to try to find a place to eat or have a drink. The breakfast was great and the staff in the club room were very pleasant and friendly. I will recommend this hotel to friends, colleagues and family and will defineitly stay again if I have the opportunity.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2010

The Hotel Elysee met the expectations set by the hotel and by Tripadvisor reviewers. The internet special pricing made this an excellent deal in for NYC. The staff seemed young and very helpful, as if trained at a college specializing in hospitality. The continental breakfast had everything one would expect and was constantly being replenished. The daily availability of coffee / tea and cookies was very welcomed. The valet parking for $30.00, on a 24 hr clock, was easy and reasonable for NYC. The rooms were clean and quiet, even for a third floor room. The torrential down pour in the city and area that weekend didn't dampen the spirit of the staff, who offered umbrella 's, flagged down cabs, and brought luggage to and from my care. Stay here and stop looking for anything better.

1  Thank retireandtravelnow