“Almost perfect”

Ranked #10 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Tel Aviv
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We very much enjoyed your lovely hotel. It is the fourth time or possibly the fifth or sixth time we stayed with you! My only complaint is the hours of housekeeping - once we returned at 4 and nobody had arranged the room; once at 3.30 and the room was still being cleaned.
It would be great to have quieter air-conditioning !
Very much hoping to see you soon! Thank you for everything

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
durham
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lovely room, super-competent help throughout, safe, and very quick and effective help in getting a quick reservation for a meal when our plane was late. I have been there several times and am always so "at home".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 5 days in New York City, which included 4 wonderful nights at the Hotel Elysee! This was our third time staying at this lovely hotel. We loved the wine and cheese each evening and the great breakfasts each morning. The staff and service were excellent. And it was the perfect location. We can't wait to stay at this hotel again on our next visit!

• Stayed June 2013
Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I booked this lovely boutique hotel for my granddaughter's graduation trip. There were 3 of us so we booked a suite and it was beautiful. The staff is amazing, from the time I booked the hotel and the many times I called to ask questions to the lovely girls who took care of us at breakfast and happy hour. The professionals at the front desk always greeted me by name and took great pride in making our trip a success. We can't wait to come back and I can't imagine staying anywhere else!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CA
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Elysee is in a very central location in mid-town, but on a rather quiet street. We had a large room in the back and did not hear any street noise at all. The art and antiques give it a lovely old-world feel (though it's a little creaky). All the front desk staff are trained concierges and they not only know their stuff, they're eager to help. The continental breakfast spread is far superior to most, served in a lovely room, and with helpful staff. They also do a wine and cheese reception there in the late afternoons. There's a library with plenty of books and a computer station, should you need to print anything. Free Wi-Fi. It's a little pricey, but we felt it had good value. Would definitely stay there again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We spent our anniversary in New York and chose this hotel based on the reviews here. I am so glad we did. The hotel is beautiful and impeccably maintained. The staff was courteous and extremely helpful with getting reservations for dinner and a show. They helped us with navigating the city during our stay. We were upgraded to a gorgeous suite and treated with a bottle of bubbles and a box of chocolate to celebrate our special day. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
south woodstock, vt
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Elysee was exactly what I needed after hours stuck in traffic entering NYC. Great front desk staff. Excellent, freshly prepared, simple menu for room service from the bar downstairs. Amazing Frisee salad, wild mushroom sautee' and broccoili rabe as veggies! Bedroom all decked out with tiny crystal chandelier, massive chintz drapes, and a more spacious than usual bath room (for an old NYC building)
Robes in closet, nice big foyer, high quality dark chocolate and bottled water as complimentary (I think) snacks in my room.
A wonderful balcony porch with little dining set was an added surprise. Bed looks like a full size, but I do not care as I am traveling alone-but if you need a lot of bed space be sure to check on bed size when you book.
I hear I get a complimentary breakfast in a special lounge tomorrow. I am expecting that to be equally charming.

Room Tip: check on bed size