“Business trip”

Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #10 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I spent two nights att Elysee two weeks ago, visiting NYC on business (second time).The hotel is perfectly situated for my business visit, and the atmosphere is top class and rates reasonable. Very service minded staff and luxury looking rooms. I will be back next year!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,224)

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Great location & a very nice room. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My wife and I have chosen to stay at this fantastic boutique hotel each time we come to NYC. It is perfectly sited on 54th street just east of 5th avenue. The staff are amazing, offering wonderful service. It is refreshing to see the same folks every time we go. The rooms are more than adequate in size, appointed with antiques, and well equipped including complimentary WiFi. Best of all, for what is quite reasonable room rates in Midtown Manhattan one gets complimentary breakfast and afternoon tea and wine served in the most comfortable lounge which makes this hotel not only a wonderful place to stay, but also an amazing bargain.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Elysee over the Martin Luther King Holiday. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the three J's, Josh, Jason and Juan at the reservation desk. All three were pleasant and professional. When I originally booked our room with Jason, I had mentioned that we were in town to visit our brand new granddaughter. Boy did we luck out! Our room was a deluxe king corner room on the ninth floor. It was just perfect for us! The first thing I did was take pictures[added a few here]. The room was charming with a very comfortable bed and very fine linens. The crystal chandelier and room decor reminded me of a hotel we stayed at in Vienna, Austria. The Hotel Elysee was in a great location, not far from our son's apartment. We frequented the lovely Club Room during our stay. My husband and I enjoyed the light classical music in the background, as we sipped our tea and sampled cookies. I would go back just for their fresh-baked bagels and other treats at breakfast. All in all, it was the best time at Hotel Elysee!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2012

This was my first visit to New York, and I travelled with my 10 year old daughter. We booked a Deluxe room - and it greatly exceeded my expectations. The decor is delightful, the hallway separating the bedroom from the bathroom gives an added sense of luxury. The spaciousness was also a pleasant surprise.
The buffet breakfast was more than ample, and the evening drinks provided an opportunity to share experiences with other guests. We dined at the Monkey Bar, which highly satisfactory, and we were accommodated at very short notice.
I loved the location - both the proximity to 5th Avenue, and also subways. My husband enjoyed his stay previously, and I look forward to staying with him sometime soon.
I could not fault the hotel - and would recommend it to anyone visiting New York for pleasure.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 8th floor - higher floors will need to wait even longer for the elevator. The front si...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The Hotel Elysee is both luxurious and quaint, and it's cup runneth over with hospitality. The cheerful staff at the front desk and in the lounge were friendly and attentive, and our every need was tended to. Our room was clean and beautiful (loved the chandelier and marble bathroom) and the bed and linens were perfect. In the lounge we enjoyed tea and biscuits throughout the day, and had easy access to the public computer when we needed it. I didn't have a chance to play the piano, so maybe next time! A real artist must have been hard at work creating the lovely murals throughout this gem of a hotel. Fresh flowers also provided a beautiful touch, and made us feel very pampered indeed. All this, plus a most convenient location - we attended Sunday morning service at the 5th Avenue Presbyterian Church, and used the nearby Number 6 subway, and connections, to get all over town. The entire weekend was a complete success and worth every penny!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We had an extra night in New York due to my boyfriend being hospitalised and missing our flight, so I chose the Hotel Elysee after reading the reviews on Trip advisor. The Hotel lived up to its reputation; the staffs were exceptionally friendly, courteous and polite with a surprise personal visit from the marketing manager to our suite. She presented us with complimentary chocolates and wine. What a lovely surprise. We were also upgraded to a fantastic suite and I have to say I found Kristen an incredible concierge, no question was too much trouble to answer. The hotel is really a fantastic example of consistent care and service and I intend to make it my go-to Hotel for all future visits to NYC. Simply fabulous.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple