“Wonderful NYC Hilton Hotel”

Hilton New York Grand Central
Ranked #333 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Kelowna, Canada
“Wonderful NYC Hilton Hotel”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our 20th anniversary in NYC. Not knowing where to stay - I researched hotels online and came across the Hilton Manhattan East. Our room was exactly what we expected, clean safe and quiet. AMAZING staff all the way around and fantastic location. Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to NYC. You are so close to so many things including Grand Central, Times Square and more. Comfortable beds, clean bathroom - really nice little lobby bar to have a drink and hang out. Wonderful NYC Gem!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Anne-Marie H,

I would say your review is AMAZING as you certainly told the world how great we truly are. We were very happy to have you with us for your anniversary and we can't wait to have you back with us. I am glad to see you ejoyed our team and were able to have a good time in our Lounge. We hope to be seeing you back with us soon.

Paul Schwartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was my first stay at the hotel and I look forward to going back! The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was a nice size (especially for NYC) and it was very clean. The location was a few blocks from Grand Central so it was easy to get around.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amy B
Dear Amy B,

I want to thank you for taking the time to send in a great review of our property. It is always a delight to hear a guest had such a great time thye cant wait to come back to us. We are all glad you were able to have a great experience with our staff and enjoy our locaton. We are looking forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This hotel was in the perfect location for what I wanted to experience for my New York vacation. It was close enough to the heart of the action that I was never far away from a great time. Also far enough east that I felt like I was escaping to a quiet place at 4am. Great decorations and a really comfortable lobby and bar area. I didn't get to go to the restaurant but it looked nice. The business center was conveniently located so I could easily print my boarding pass. The maid service was okay. They skipped a day and the next day I had to call for service. Maybe they assumed I didn't want new towels. The room was cute and comfortable. The bathroom was on the small side but it was mostly just me. Overall the hotel had a classic decor with modern nuances throughout that kept me comfortable. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to New York.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Alarice,

Your review was very much appreciated and I do like the amount of detail you included for everyone to read. I am happy to see you enjoyed our location and got to use some of the other outlets on property. On your next visit to NYC be sure to contact us so we can personally handle your needs.

Best Regards,

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have been staying at the Manhattan East frequently over the past several years, but started staying there many, many years ago when it was still the Tudor. I liked it back then and even more these days. The rooms are clean and quiet (for Manhattan) and the staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Aimsceo,

It was a true pleasure to read your great review of our property. Your loyalty is truly a remarkable value and we are very happy after all these years we are able to still keep you happy and coming back to us. We hope anytime you visit the NYC area you will always be with us.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Hilton Manhattan East is a great old world Hotel. It is superbly unique. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the East River. The staff is is among the most attentive I have ever experienced in a Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Phil B
Dear Phil B,

I wanted to personally thank you for giving us a great 5 star review and posting that lovely photo of one of our balcony rooms. We were glad you decided to give us a chance and choose us over the other Hiltons in Manhattan. We will be sure to continue to exceed your expectations and have you stay with us consistently in the future.

Best,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Hilton Manhattan East while in town for business. The property was in a good location, clean and the staff was very helpful. The food at the restaurant was okay. My only complaint would be that my room had a slightly damp odor. I suspect that the age of the building had something to do with it but it wasn't bad enough to warrant a room change.

I would stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear srichardson4b,

I wanted to stop in and thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad to see you enjoyed the location and staff. It was unfortunate to read that you had an issue with your room and I'll be sure to do some research and treat the room you were staying in. Next time you are visiting the city we hope you choose to stay with us again and I will assure you we will get you one of the best rooms on property.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on my first trip ever to NYC and it was fantastic. East to walk to grand central station and the staff were super friendly and helpful for any questions I had. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Rebeccat5682014

Thank you so much for giving us a 5 star review. We were thrilled ot see you had such a great time with us. It was a pleasure to have you and we hope to see you back with us in the future.

Best Wishes,