“Manhattan East Hilton”

Ranked #331 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Washington, United States
“Manhattan East Hilton”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed in this hotel during spring break with my son. The friendliness of the staff was average. The concierge was enthusiastic about assisting me. The mattres was of poor quality, I could feel the springs in the bed as I slept. I requested a King size bed but received a Queen. My experience overall was average. I will not return.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Natisha Ann D
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Natisha Ann D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is essential in improving the overall quality of our service and our product. While reading your review it is unfortunate your experience was of a 5 star quality as we always strive to provide the best service to any guest that walks through our doors. As for our guest requests we always note them down but unless you are guaranteed for it we can meet every request. We have been sold out heavily this month making it difficult to accommodate these requests. We hope in the future you will change your mind and allow us the opportunity to change your perception of our property.

Paul Schwartz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Turkish first
Burlingame, California
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I don't usually review places -- who has the time? But I wanted to give a shout out to the team at Hilton Manhattan East. The room was super clean and pretty big by NYC standards. But I am writing because of the great attitude of the team, from Robert the manager on down. I thought I had booked a room with two beds but they were sold out; it was important to me since I was traveling with my teenage son and sharing a bed...not good. The team quickly deployed a rollaway (lots of NYC hotels cannot even fit rollaways in the rooms -- always check, don't rely on the booking sites). Then, as we were about to head to the theater I realized I had never printed the tickets and they did not accept cell phone tickets; no problem, said Shinekwa at the front desk, email them to me and I will have them ready in two minutes -- and they were! On the way to the show with no problems at all. Thanks Hilton. I switched recently from another hotel loyalty program to this one and I am glad I did.

1 Thank Michael B
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Michael B,

Since you don't often review places it is a pleasure to see you could find the time and shout out our property. We certainly were thrilled to see you mention how two of our team members were able to help make your stay a sucessful one. The added bonus of your stay is now continuing to have you stay with us in the future as opposed to another brand. Your loyalty is very special to us. Be sure to contact us again in the future about any upcoming reservations.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Location was very good, being a couple of blocks from Grand Central.

Room sizes were larger comparable to other NY hotels.

Staff and the manager (Jose Ramirez?) were very helpful.

Would certainly stay here again for business or vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear HP185,

Thank you for reviewing our property and letting everyone now that you had a great stay. We were very happy you were able to enjoy our rooms and that Jose was able to be such a great help for you. We hope in the future you choose to stay at our property again.

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I had booked a room one month prior but when I got to the hotel my room was not ready at 1pm. Strike one even though reservation was made so early, I was asked to store my bags but me and 5 other people were waiting for a bellman for 10 minutes, strike 2. But fortunately those are the only strikes I would give because the staff is wonderful. The rooms are better than most hotel in NY but are still similar in size (small). Kevin and Richard were excellent at the front desk despite all the customers complaining about getting a bigger room. I will take away strike one since I hear them telling every guest that rooms would not be available until 3PM. I was give a drink and appetizer coupon and little enough by the time I was finish with two cranberry vodka and buffalo wings Kevin came up to me with the keys to the room. Later on the day I had the please of dealing with two lovely ladies, Shenikwa and Tess. Tess had the nice nails and Shenikwa with beautiful smile. I informed that I did not have any towels and 15 minutes later someone delivered them. All in all great stay. Will definitely come back !!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank frenchmansman
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Frenchmansman,

Thank you for taking the time you provide us with your detailed review of our property. It was a delight to see all of the team members you mentioned play such a great role in making your stay a good one even if it was only for one night. We do express to our guests that Check-in time is at 3PM and that early check-in is a request we try to honor. Although we were not able to get you in early I am happy we were able to get you to relax in our lounge while we set everything up for you. We hope anytime you visit you choose to stay at the Hilton Manhattan East.

CT
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This Hilton is one of the best kept secrets for staying in Manhattan. Jose Ramirez was extremely helpful in getting us the right room and Pablo (waitstaff) made every meal great with our family! The hotel is not far from the hustle and bustle of Times Square, but close enough to walk to everything. The breakfast is high quality and everyone on the staff exceeds the normal "Hilton standards." I highly recommend this hotel as one of the best in NYC!

Room Tip: There are rooms with balconies which is a big treat for NYC. High floors have great views!
Dear CtTenley,

We all thank you for taking the time to visit this site and provide us with a great review. Jose one of our Ast. Front Office Managers always goes above and beyond to help our guests. I am glad to see you were able to try our breakfast as it is something that all of our guests should experience. We hope on any future visits you always choose to stay at the Hilton Manhattan East.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2014

A block away from the United Nations and close to Grand Central station this hotel is ideal for getting around Manhattan.
Very good value for Manhattan but book in advance.
The room was nice and if you have any concerns or needs the staff was very accommodating especially Harris the front desk manager.
I would definitely stay there again (have traveled the world and much of the US...).

Dear DavidCLT,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. Our location is often a top selling point as we offer a close proximity to a lot of different venues. Harris was thrilled to see you recognize him on the site and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope in the future you will choose to stay with us again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Excellent hotel in a perfect location. Staff was particular friendly and helpful, right from Ponyelina (sp?) at the front counter, to the friendly folks in the restaurant. Room was clean and quiet with plenty of room. Rate was particularly good for its location near the theatre district. Would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 15th floor, where it was very quiet. This has often not been the case at other hote...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Jay O,

Thank you for visiting this site and providing us with a review of our property. Poryelina was ecstatic to see you mention her name as she was very happy to take care of you during your stay. I am also glad to see you were able to use multiple outlets at our property. Our location does seem to be a very popular selling point for our guests looking to spend a weekend in the city. We hope on your next trip you again choose to stay with us at the Hilton Manhattan East.