This is a pretty good hotel, as everyone says the rooms are smallish but then the hotel is small also. However having stayed in many hotels in New York this is a very quiet hotel, I could hardly hear any noises from outside and I never heard the hotel cleaning staff at all( they can be the noisiest people in a hotel). It was difficult to keep th e blinds on the window up due to the close proximity of a neighbouring building and also other guest rooms are very close facing.
Drinks in the bar are a bit pricey and the bar area is cold and soulless. I didn't eat at the restaurant and it was empty the evening I was in the bar.
I don't mind the location, everywhere in New York is a walk away from somewhere you want to go but it was all easily accessible.
I got the wifi free through my company and it was OK not worth paying for as its a little slow.
Overall a good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Manhattan East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. As of January, 2017 it is now Hilton New York Grand Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City