Stayed here for business trip. The hotel is easy to find (though make sure you tell the taxi "Hilton by the UN" as there is another Hilton not too far away). The staff were cordial and friendly and the room was of reasonable standards.
- Good location (right near 42nd St and UN)
- Staff very friendly; go out of their way to help you. I asked for soy milk and they didn't have it; one staff member went to a store nearby to try to find some, and when they couldn't, they comped my breakfast. They also remembered my name every day which was really nice
- Reasonably comfortable bed
- Room service was timely and food was cooked to order. Except for breakfast - the oatmeal was shockingly bad. I don't know how you screw up oatmeal, but they managed to do so - both in room service and in the restaurant
- Obviously a tourist hotel as it was teeming with loud tourist groups
- Breakfast buffet needs help. Very small, cramped space with not many offerings
- Need to have options for allergies - i.e. soy milk, etc.
- The bathroom was okay but the shower was ridiculous (see photo). I've never encountered anything like that in all my travels
- Air conditioning needed some help. I know it was very hot in NYC when I was there, but the air was inconsistent and stuffy
- The vent in the room CLEARY needed cleaning. I tried not to look to realise how much dust and debris I was inhaling.
- Restaurant doesn't open until 7am for breakfast; that shocked me, in the "city that never sleeps"
I'll probably stay again as it is a hotel recommended by my company, but I couldn't help but feel very envious of those people staying down the road at the altogether nicer Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Manhattan East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. As of January, 2017 it is now Hilton New York Grand Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City