I've stayed in worse. But in the spirit of full disclosure - I loathe the Hilton chain. This hotel is horrible. For the price of say the Hudson or paramount - what you you get is a tiny tiny tiny ( I lie it's a standard NYC size hotel room but the drop ceiling makes it even smaller and claustrophobic) ny hotel room.
Ageing yellow walls and oh so tired deco. Had it been my PA that had booked this I'd have fired them. Luckily it was someone else's PA so I have to grin and bear it.
The bathrooms look like someone had cleaned it with a wet wipe rather than a proper clean. My room in particular smelt of the previous occupant.
Do not stay. There's much better to be had for the same price. And don't let someone else book rooms for you in a city they're unfamiliar with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Manhattan East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. As of January, 2017 it is now Hilton New York Grand Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City