Hilton New York Grand Central
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$150
  • Fitness center
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$187
$135
  • Fitness center
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$365
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$134
Orbitz.com
$386
$346
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$324
$305
2,655 results
All reviewstudor cityunited nationsnew yorkgrand centraleast riverchrysler buildingtimes squarefew blocksjunior suiterooms are smallboutique hotelmanhattandoormanconciergesubwayavenuecabs
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was my first visit to NYC, and my boss booked this hotel for our stay. What can I say, the location is fantastic, close to Grand Central Station and walking distance to other areas and attractions. I walked to Times Square, but for those who don't want to or can't walk too much to take the subway. Upon my arrival, the hotel looked nice, not new but definitely not run down. Check-in was awe4some as my boss had their privileged membership, so our rooms were upgraded without charge. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. When I got to my room (King Bed), I was surprised to find it a little cramped, but very modern and most importantly clean. Hey it's New York City, so the size didn't bother me as I planned to spend most of my time outside the room. The shower was cramped as well, but very clean and the pressure in the shower was constant and strong. No drop off in temperature either. One of the nights we went to the bar and I enjoyed one of my favorite libations, Duvel. I was surprised to find the bartender pulled the appropriate glass and even poured it properly. He told me they were trained for that specific beer, which I though was cool. The only downside, not really a negative, I can say was that our stay was not cheap, but given the location, service, and accomodations well worth it. You can find several restaurants, bars, and pharmacies close by for all your needs. I really enjoyed my stay and will return with my family.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Manhattan East for 3 nights, commencing 20th Dec.

We were a little worried about the reviews but we could not have been more satisfied with the Hotel and it's location.

It was our first time in New York and as regular business users of Hilton Hotel's in the UK, wanted to ensure we booked something reliable. A pre purchase rate of around £100 per night was fair, especially when we were upgraded upon arrival.

I always rate hotels based on our overall experience. Some people refer to the hotel as small for a Hilton but did they not look before booking? It is quite small but we used it as a good quality base.

People refer to it being a bit out of the way. What are they comparing it to? Times Square? We walked up 42nd Street to Times Square daily and with landmarks en-route found it a very straight forward walk, achieved comfortably in 15 minutes. There was a Subway 2 minutes from the Hotel and you could get anywhere from this location. Grand Central was also less than 5 minutes away and it was great to go inside the building.

Back to the Hotel, it was spacious, clean and as Hilton Honors members we also had free wi-fi.

I have stayed in better Hilton Hotels but I feel that people are failing to look at the Hotel as an individual concern when rating this property. It ticked every box for us and I found the levels of service to be very high when called upon.

I would have absolutely no issue with recommending this Hotel for an independent traveller who is happy to have a decent room as a base for exploring New York. If you are on business and need more extensive facilities, maybe it's not for you, even if the price is!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mattnchar
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The room was very small, almost Tokyo small, but for the price and location in Manhattan, not unexpected. The real problem is that the hotel was clearly redone a couple of years ago but the maintenance hasn't really kept up. One example was the mold peaking out from behind the caulking. To me this indicated that mold had been merely covered up by maintenance rather than removed. That's a management issue....what else is hiding ready to peak out,,,,,,?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Frank C, General Manager at Hilton New York Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your recent visit. We appreciate your observations on our renovations and apologize for the housekeeping misstep you encountered. We will be sure to address this issue in your room and keep a close eye out for similar issues in our other rooms. We are glad to have met your needs while in the city and hope that the next time you visit New York, you will consider staying with us again

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed (family of 5 - 2 adults and 3 kids aged 13,11 and 8) at this hotel just after Christmas 2012. I found it very tricky to find a hotel to accommodate a family of 5 and was referred onto this hotel by the Doubletree on Lexington. We booked a Queen bed suite which had a queen bed, a bathroom off it and a living area with pull out sofa and we ordered a roll away bed also. On arrival on 27th there were no roll away beds available. After a few exchanges with housekeeping Nathan the night manager offered us the use of an additional queen room on the same floor for the night free of charge. I was very impressed with this. The following afternoon a roll away arrived for us. The only downside of the suite was the comfort factor of the pullout sofa. All my kids complained that the mattress was too thin and springy. If we were to travel to new York again I would definitely book a double bedroomed suite. The hotel is old and quaint. The windows are double glazed but some of the windows can be draughty. When the thick backout type blind was down the draught wasn't as noticable and to be honest I am sure is an asset in the humid NY summer. We didn't use the dining in hotel. Free Wifi is only available in the Lobby area. There was a sign up about ongoing outside maintenance with work starting at 8 am each morning, this didn't affect us as we were there over the holidays. If you travelling from Europe you will be well awake by 8am anyway so can't imagine it being too much of an issue. If you not breakfasting at hotel I would heartily recommend you go to the Comfort Diner on 45th St between 2nd & 3rd avenue.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank suks
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have had interesting experiences with NY hotels last month, particularly in relation to these hotels' tripadvisor ratings.

First I stayed at The Benjamin, which I had picked for its good tripadvisor ratings but found disappointing and completely overpriced at the corporate rate for what it offers (see my review of that).

As I wanted to tag a few vacation days to my stay I then opted to take a gamble on one of those hotel portals and ended up spending a few nights at the Hilton East.

It was one those deals where you don't get to choose the hotel so when I found out which hotels it was I checked its tripadvisor ratings, which were not very encouraging (under four).

However, this time I ended up being pleasantly surprised. Not that this is a fantastic hotel but it is not as bad as the reviews would lead you to believe. Just as The Benjamin is not nearly as good as the reviews would indicate. Which makes me wonder about how meaningful these reviews are anyway. They should really take into account the context of travelers.

Either way, the rooms at this Hilton were good by NY standards, i.e. everything was reasonably clean and worked reasonably well. Not exactly anything special but this is New York after all and the standard is low to begin with.

The service at this hotel, I want to add, was very good and very friendly. We had a child traveling with us and the lovely staff at the front desk made every attempt to make sure we received a room with an ideal configuration. And they did so without any of the annoying pretentiousness of the staff at the other hotel I stayed at.

The location is quite good as well and there are some really good parking deals available nearby (e.g. the Quikpark at 40th and 1st for $26/day).

So overall this seems like a fine hotel to me. Looking at the cost/value ratio I felt I was getting a much better deal than at the Benjamin.

Room Tip: Apparently only few rooms have enough room for an extra bed. Make sure you ask early on (e.g. for a junior suite).
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family