Stayed at this hotel recently. Room was very small, bathroom freezing cold and only superficially clean.
Heating in room would not increase beyond 67C. The corridors were warmer than the room. Front desk said they would call an engineer and after waiting over 45 minutes, I called to check twice and was told each time that he was on his way. However he never showed up. Heater in bathroom not working and as it had a window, it was absolutely freezing.
Bathroom was dirty. Hairs found all around bath. Dried foam from previous guest was still on shower curtain. Hairs in wash bassin too. Window at side of bath had water stain marks from pervious guest's use.
Desk light not working. Had to swap bulb from one bedside light to the desk light in order to see what I was doing.
I have stayed in cleaner and better maintained budget hotels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Manhattan East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. As of January, 2017 it is now Hilton New York Grand Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City