We stayed here 2 nights. Dec 22nd and 23rd . We had 2 rooms ,This was one of the few hotels that offered rooms with 2 beds . My husband and I had spent one night at the Hilton Fashion District this fall and liked it so much that I decided to go for a Hilton, we wanted something that was a little closer to the Time square area so decided for this hotel . The staff was nice. The room very clean , small , which is OK for NY , and dark. Maybe because it was the 3rd floor and surrounded by very close buildings and construction. But it wasn't noisy and construction work began around 9 am . Our sons got room 406 and the heating system made a terrible "bang" noise, every 15 minutes . So they didn't get sleep the first night . They didn't want to complain in the middle of the night but the morning after my son went to the front desk and after maintenance taking a look at the problem, they were moved to another room. Valet parking is $ 61 a day and I understood you pay 61 every time you take the car out. We didn't use the car in the city, so I am not sure. Location is very good ,close to Grand Central and we walked to Rockefeller Center and back, each day .There are cafeterias, fast food places very close to the hotel if you want to grab breakfast or a snack. It is very close to the United Nations we took a really short walk , 5 to 7 minutes did the tour which we really liked. I don't believe we had ever gone if we weren't so close. the tour is 45 min to 1 hours so if interested, this is something you can do first thing in the morning. We also walked to NYPublic Library and also did the tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City