Stayed here for two nights on a business trip.
The hotel is very close to the United Nations, Grand Central Station and the Chrysler Building. (Also note that it is right next to both the Israeli and Palestinian consulates, with regular demonstrations outside!!!).
The hotel itself is quite old, but the rooms are fairly modern. Although a little on the small side, they are not too bad for NYC. I stayed on the 16th floor in a corner room and had a slight view of the East River. Each floor only had a few rooms, so did not feel crowded or overly busy. Never had any problem getting an elevator. The room itself had a nice flat-screen TV, although the channel selection was not the best, but when in NYC, there is so much more to do than watch TV!!
The bathroom was OK, but the water pressure was very poor, as was the drainage in the bath. Also, there was scaffolding outside the hotel and I did hear workers and there was a weird smell when I got back to the room on my second evening. For once, the internet speed was good!
The bar downstairs was a bit cold and boring. The breakfast buffet was a little on the boring side, with the choice of food not much better than a Hampton Inn. Also, the service was not great and felt a little impersonal (they were more worried to know if I had a coupon or not.) Also, the tea was luke warm and tasteless. Overall, not a great breakfast experience. (I did get this compliemntary as a HHonors Gold member, so cannot complain too much).
Hotel had a gym, but no pool, so would not bring my kids here.
For the price paid, this was a good stay and I would stay here again if I got a similar rate. Anymore than that, then I would maybe look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City