Recently updated, this east side hotel near the UN building has small regular rooms, but bedding and bathroom were clean, fresh and up to date. My room had a "harry potter" under the stairs quality (Room 603) but all the basics were there. The desk chair was especially good.
Room service food was quick and hot. Can't say the same for the breakfast buffet. Instead of paying upwards of $20 plus for the buffet, just order off the menu for something made for you, rather than tired eggs and crusted over hardened bread.
Bell Staff were VERY HELPFUL and Front desk staff were coming off the storm and all the mayhem, so great in the help they provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Manhattan East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. As of January, 2017 it is now Hilton New York Grand Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City