Second visit to this hotel,just after hurricane Sandy. Staff outstanding, throughout. Room (ended in ..20) was spacious and very comfortable. Previous reviewers commented that the rooms are tiny, well some most definitely are so check when you make the booking. Bathroom good and wonder of wonders you can open the windows!! Breakfast was ok but pricey. Plenty of places to eat nearby plus interesting bars etc. plus you are close to Macys if that floats your boat, its an easy walk up 42nd street to the other grand avenues, and Grand Central is nearby. Starbucks a bit tricky to find, its opposite the hotel 42nd st . as I mentioned the staff really are very helpful and forthcoming, baring in mind the problems associated with the aftermath of Sandy they dealt with everyone with good humour! Overall a good experience, pity no mini bar or fridge! Wifi fast, TV okay .rooms very clean, bed comfortable, some of my colleagues complained the heating did/did not work, but I am certain that maintenance would have resolved the problem quickly. So well worth a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City