You learn never to expect much from hotels in older parts of the city. This, the former Tudor (in Tudor City in Midtown East) is a block away from the UN, needless to say a high price zip code! The staff was kind enough to upgrade us to a junior suite, as it would have been a scene from a bad comedy watching 2 adults maneuver around their tiny standard room (seriously, if you swung your feet out of the bed too fast they'd go through the wall or window...yeah, that small!)
The room was in the south tower (no views just walls and window washer cables). The amenities were nice and comfy. The major downside was when the AC unit kicked on, you thought someone was falling through the ceiling (unnerving at night). As this was a work/play stay, we both spent some time in the room during the day working. Little did we know that they are working on the bricks on the outside and have had to listen to what sounds like drilling and dental work for days. They do stop at night, but I found myself working with headphones on to drown out the noise.
As with any stay, make sure you ask before reserving what construction work is being done, as this should seriously dissuade you from staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Manhattan East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. As of January, 2017 it is now Hilton New York Grand Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelPower, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City