Hotel Beacon
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$172
$118
  • Bar/Lounge
$330
$305
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$324
$305
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Bar/Lounge
$144
$117
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
4,090 results
All reviewsfairway marketupper west sidecentral parkviand cafesmall kitchenettelevain bakerygreat supermarketnew yorkone bedroom suitestrawberry fieldsstreet subwaytimes squarelaundry roomexpress trainnatural history museumlincoln centershort walk
Reviewed February 4, 2011

This is my second time at the Beacon and my experience was fantastic. I feel like I am coming home every time I walked through the doors. I would like to thank all the staff for meeting our every need. I love New York, I have never been treated with so much kindness and genuine sincerity as I have in America. Please give my regards to Ryan who always went beyond his duties, he is a real asset to the Beacon. My kindest and warmest regards: Peter Gualtieri. Australia.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2011

We stayed at the Beacon for 6 nights in the lead up to Christmas. The best thing I can say about the Beacon is its location. 100m from the 72nd St subway station which is the only express stop on the Upper West side which means you can get anywhere on the system really easy.
It is also really close to Central Park, The Museum of Natural History and a great selection of nearby restaurants and deli's, not to mention the best supermarket is right across the road.... Fairway!
We were on the 10th floor and had a great view over Broadway to the old building across the road. The room had two double beds which was interesting but the room was spacious, had a kitchenette and was nice to relax in either at the start of the day or in the afternoon before heading out again.
Another positive was the room service and the room service staff who were always friendly and happy to help.
The only negatives were that the wireless internet was around $10 a day and the rest of the foyer staff weren't up to the friendly standards of the room service crew and the door guys.
On the whole a great hotel and though it may be more expensive than others, the ability to head back to the peacefulness of the upper west side and have the convenience of the shops around, it is definitely worth it.
P.S. Also Cafe Viand next door is great to eat in and for room service.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Foonalicious
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My husband, 16 year old son and myself stayed at the Beacon for a week during Christmas/New Year. It was fabulous! Our wish for an upper quiet room was granted and at all times the staff were gracious and helpful. All the family enjoyed having the two televisions, and our son happily claimed the living area as his own, which was great! Lots of closet space, so that you could really settle in. The Hotel has a laundry, making it such a good choice for families. The Hotel is extremely well situated. The market opposite was wonderful. Also. it is nice and close to 72nd St subway which was very useful, especially during the blizzard. Cinemas were close too, at the Lincoln centre which my son enjoyed during the bad weather. The Upper West Side is a great place to stay in New York. A very quick metro trip to Times square and Fifth Ave, but we were happy to be staying away from the bustle of those areas, especially at Christmas. A very pleasant walk to Central Park, which we did often. Lots of great eateries nearby. We particularly enjoyed the Thai at Land at 450 Amsterdam and you must visit Barney Greengrass for an authentic bagel experience. If you are intending to stay at the Beacon, check out their theatre next door, as they have lots going on. We have already recommended this wonderful Hotel to family and friends. We would definitely stay here again, on any future visits to New York! I would also like to congratulate the Management, on how well an issue with our laundry was handled and settled. Thank you! Well done Hotel Beacon. You made a great trip to New York, truly superb!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank aussiegirlBrisbane
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Recently stayed at Hotel Beacon in a 1 bedroom apartment and it was fantastic. The staff were great (I was travelling with a friend and had reserved 2 beds but we got a room with 1 bed so they put us in a 2 bedroom apartment for the night until a room with 2 beds was available the next night). Very friendly, very clean, great location - close to subway and lots in the area. Great market across the road. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank snarls85
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in NYC for two nights to attend a friend's wedding. All of the wedding guests stayed there- the bride and groom, who are from NYC, did their research in choosing this hotel to block off rooms- it was very reasonably priced (I compared to other hotels before we booked). The rooms were clean, quiet, service was good, and location was great! There is also a diner next door that serves great breakfast! There is no parking at the hotel, but this is the case with many NYC hotels...there is a fairly cheap parking garage about one block away- the hotel's website has information on the current pricing of this garage. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again when in NYC.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple