“Fabulous, convenient, quiet - a gem!”
Review of Hotel Beacon

Hotel Beacon
Ranked #66 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We recently stayed for four nights in a two-bedroom suite with a kitchenette from June 22-25 – two adults and two teenage girls – and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is conveniently located to so many attractions and conveniences – Museum of Natural History, Central Park, the Lincoln Centre, just two blocks from the 72nd Street Subway and in the middle of fantastic restaurants of all cuisines and prices.

The Hotel Beacon is in a quiet, residential area on the Upper West Side and this made us feel a bit less like the tourists we were. We enjoyed the Fairway Market across the street – a huge supermarket that catered to all our different tastes and made it easy to have breakfast and late night snacks in the room. We definitely did not miss room service!

The Hotel Beacon is very quiet for a NYC hotel, immaculate and the staff members were terrific – before, during and even afterwards. Beforehand, they helped me arrange transport from the airport to the hotel; during our stay, they were unfailingly friendly, helpful and professional and, afterward, they stored our luggage for the whole day before our evening flight. Further, and very importantly, they immediately returned to me my coat I had inadvertently left in the hall closet. The coat arrived home almost the same time I did!

I will recommend The Hotel Beacon to all of my friends and associates without hesitation. I would not stay anywhere else in New York.

Room Tip: Rooms high up have a great view but we stayed a bit lower down and enjoyed the distruct views too.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Alexandra B

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We only stayed here one night, but it was perfect. We had a corner room on the 21st floor with amazing views of the city. It was extremely clean (I'm very picky about that) and well appointed. The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and courteous. I have to say that I was disappointed that there wasn't room service, but we were able to go across the street to Citarella's (I'm not sure of the spelling) and bring food back to the room. There is a small kitchenette in the room that made it perfect to heat up and store the food. It made the lack of room service completely acceptable. The room was very quiet - I didn't hear anyone else on the floor. It also had the best cable tv options that I have ever had in a hotel room and I travel quite often. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We usually stay at the Lucerne, but I think I like the Beacon a little more. The location is perfect. The desk staff was very friendly and were nice enough to us store our luggage there for almost a whole day after we checked out. The room was very nice and spacious by NYC standards. It was quiet, with very little noise from the street or hallway. I would absolutely stay there next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank catriotinct
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very friendly hotel! Patrick was extremely helpful and gave excellent recommendations each day! We loved everywhere he sent us! The hotel is in a good location...close to the subway and Central Park. I would recommend staying at the Beacon and asking Patrick for restaurant and bar suggestions.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We (2 adults and a 12 and 10 year old) have just stayed at the hotel for 7 nights in a 2 bedroom suite with kitchenette. We could not find one fault!

Pro's:
Location - a 3 minute walk to 72nd street station. It is an express stop so Times Square is a very short ride on the express route. Great supermarkets and restaurants across the road. Quieter more residential area. Short walk to Central Park and museums.

Room- clean, looked like it had been recently renovated. Great view. A very comfortable bed. Full kitchen. Good quality shampoos etc. Plenty of cupboard/ storage space.

Laundrette - on the 5th floor. Easy to use and efficient.

Staff -polite and helpful.

I will definitely be recommending this hotel to my friends, and will definitely stay at this hotel when next in New York.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank LTSydney
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed with my family in hotel beacon from June 26 to June 30. Loved every minute of it. After requesting them for a upper room was given a one bedroom room on the 25 th floor where the view was spectacular. They fairway super market across the street was one of the best supermarkets I have every visited. Every item from across the world available. The laundromat on the 5th floor of the hotel was a blessing. The staff was very polite and helpful. If you want to live like a upper west New Yorker then hotel beacon is the place to stay

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Beaglesarethebest
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed a the Beacon for 5 nights while attending a conference at Columbia University. The staff at the Beacon was extremely helpful. The king room I had was very comfortable. The location is excellent! I highly recommend the Beacon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business