“Very comfortable and relaxing experience”
Review of Kitano New York

Kitano New York
Ranked #102 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Whenever we visit NYC we stay at the Kitano, an Asian theme boutique hotel. Although not as contemporary as a newer hotel, it is immaculately clean, elegant, comfortable and extremely quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful, they run errands and bend over backwards to assist you. The hotel adds special features such as room doorbells, umbrellas, robes and slippers. The marble bathrooms have heated towel racks, special toilets and shower heads. It is a very predictably great stay! The water even tastes and smells good.

Room Tip: Make certain you request a nonsmoking room. We have never had a problem but I had read complaints...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Kitano is lovely, but I won't stay there again in winter. I could not adjust the room temp to the degree I like, so I awakened uncomfortable several times each night despite a wonderful bed and linens.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Absolute79
ClementCarey, General Manager at Kitano New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Absolute79,

Thank you for staying at The Kitano New York I apologize for the uncomfortable temperature in your guest room. A proper and inviting atmosphere is a basic requirement of a great hotel visit. I regret that we could not provide you with our usual standard of comfort. Each room's heating control is adjustable and the windows open for fresh air to provide for personal preferences.

I am glad you otherwise enjoyed your stay. The staff of The Kitano New York and I look forward to serving you again.

Clement Carey
ccarey@kitano.com

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Expedia messed up our reservations at another hotel which was fine by me. It was nye and I was surprised they put us in such a nice hotel. Super professional and friendly staff. Very quiet. Room was large with a king. Awesome bathroom. Heated towl rack, baday toilet which was heated! Huge shower. Awesome toiletries! Wish we could of stayed longer. Thank u Kitano! We would love to come back soon!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Forbindog
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Lovely experience. Hotel is elegant, luxurious, and well-appointed in a quiet, understated way. Enjoyed a great view north to Grand Central and east over Park Avenue from my corner room. Low slung, deep-set windows and horizontal lines gave it a penthouse feel. Room was a great size for NYC and the proportions were unusually pleasant - the room was more square than rectangular. Very comfortable bed; bathroom had heated towel rack and Toto washlet system on toilet with heated seat. Room service breakfast arrived right on time and was piping hot and delicious. Staff was warm, professional, and gracious. Would happily return to the Kitano!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have nice views and lots of light.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Arrived Christmas Day for a five night stay. Check in was super smooth, very courteous front desk staff. She even advised us that snow was predicted for the next day and that there was an umbrella in the room for our use, I though this was a very nice touch.

We had concerns about smoking rooms prior to arriving, I emailed this concern to the general manager Mr Carey prior to our arrival and he assured me there would be no problems with getting me in a non smoking room. I want to say THANKS MR CAREY!!!!

This was my 10th or so stay in NYC and when I entered the room I was so amazed at the size of the room, Very clean and very spacious. The bathroom lived up to all of the other reviewers hype. It was very spacious and super clean. Loved the heated towel racks and the automated toilet seat . This was a nice touch.

Housecleaning was very friendly and did an excellent job every day, Very professional staff.

The room itself was sound proof, usually in hotel rooms you hear all noises that was not the case with the kitano. I was on the seventh floor and didn't even hear street noise.

I will definitely be a repeat customer!!

Great job staff of kitano !!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed Dec 27-30 for three nights. Nice, quiet hotel in a central, convenient location with a very civilized, japanese atmosphere. The staff are pleasant and the rooms are nice. Like most hotels in winter, the rooms are dry, but that seems to be unavoidable unless you travel with a humidifier. I would stay at the Kitano again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Kitano during one of the busiest times of the year in NYC, Dec 27-29. This hotel is clean, quiet, convenient location, and has the most courteous staff I've encountered at a NYC hotel. Never wait for an elevator, ice delivered to the room, fancy toilet (with controls!), comfortable bed, large room and bathroom with counter space!!! It is located 4-5 street blocks from 2 subway stations and getting a taxi was never difficult. The combination of amenities, location and helpful polite staff makes the Kitano my favorite hotel to stay at in NYC.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends