“Wonderful Place”
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

The Kimberly Hotel
Ranked #32 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed May 29, 2006

We stayed at the Kimberly Hotel over the Memorial Day Weekend. We loved it.
I went down with two of my friends for a weekend of theatre, dinners and shopping.
Great location and most important a great staff. We had a beautiful room with a terrace and wonderful beds. The comforters and sheets were great.
I plan on coming back here in October.

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank Mary041
There are newer reviews for The Kimberly Hotel

A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
Reviewed May 24, 2006

We arrived very late at night and on the way to the hotel from the airport we were pretty tired from traveling. We arrived at the hotel around midnight and after unloading and checking in, we all felt wide awake. We decided to walk around a little bit, and boy are we glad we did. The area was so alive and we felt safe walking around at that time of night. The subway is right around the corner and everything is so easy to get to from here. Great walking area. You get a great feel of the big city here. The staff was so pleasant the entire time. We stayed on the 28th floor so we didn't hear alot of street noise. The streetnoise we did hear was pleasant sounding because after all, you are in a big city and it's a big part of it. We had a great balcony. Our room had plenty of space and we did not feel cramped at all. We felt it was the size of a small apartment. When I return to NYC, I will plan on staying here again.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 8, 2006

The Kimberly is, truly, a gem!! Stayed for three wonderful nights in the "two story" and cannot say enough good things about the accomodations and the staff. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with warmth and the utmost in hosptitality. The beds were glorious- down mattress pads and comforters!! Soft sheets!! Thick plush towels!! And the location cannot be beaten- perfect central location. I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else in the future.

• Stayed: May 2006
14  Thank birdybird42
A TripAdvisor Member
Eythorne Kent England
Reviewed April 27, 2006

We spent a fantastic 3 nights , 4days , at the Kimberley this April. The staff from the moment we checked in to the moment we left were first rate.They were all polite , attentive and very friendly without being overbearing.
Our room was the best we have spent in a Hotel anywhere.It was actually a suite including small kitchen area , Lounge , Bedroom and bathroom.It was spotlessly clean and the Kingsize bed was just fabulous.I snore a lot ( Allegedly ! ) but even my wife could'nt here me we were so far apart .She was also very impressed with the standard of the bed linen.
We will certainly book this hotel for our next Visit.

Andrew and Julie Newsome UK

• Stayed: April 2006
12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2006

I travel to NYC quite often and always was searching for 'the' hotel...now I've found it!
This is the best New York City hotel that I've ever stayed in, by far! Courteous staff, gorgeous accomodation - I've let colleagues and friends know and I wouldn't even bother trying any other hotel now. The location is great with a good deli close by and the proximity to all the stores - I could go on......

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
12  Thank SelectiveMinneapolis
Reviewed April 15, 2006

I loved The Kimberly! It's small, as hotels go, but I never felt claustrophobic in it and especially not in my room. The parlor was comfortable, the kitchen surprisingly complete, and the bedroom was QUITE spacious with an awesome bed.

The staff was delightful, especially the doorman, an older African American man, who was quick with a smile and never, ever gave me the feeling he was looking for a tip (which made me tip him more!).

It's conveniently located to many midtown attractions and also the subway at 51st and Lexington.

I would definitely stay here again, but word to the wise: make sure you get your car out of the garage within a 24 hour time period or they will charge you for an extra day, even if you're only a minute or two late!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
16  Thank HotelHo
Reviewed April 3, 2006

I travel to NYC with my Best Friend every year. It seems more of our friends join us each trip. This past year we had a party of 4 so we rented a 2 bedroom suite at the Kimberly. It was so perfect. The most spacious room we have ever had in NYC. We had a private balcony and the bedding was dreamy. We did not use the kitchen except to store cold drinks in the fridge. They even provided us with umbrellas when it rained. I would and have recommended this hotel to others and will be visiting again myself. This only downside was one of the girls slept on the pull out sofa bed. It was not at all comfortable while the rest of us has luxury bedding.

• Stayed: October 2004