“Terrific Trip!”

Ranked #50 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Santa Clarita, CA
“Terrific Trip!”
Reviewed March 5, 2006

I planned the trip to NY as a surprise to my husband for our 22nd Wedding Anniv. I got tickets to the Met for La Traviata and then searched for a hotel online. The Kimberly met and exceeded expectations...it was roomy (we had a suite), clean, comfortable and had great views. The location couldn't have been better, very close to shopping, Rockefeller Center, the subway...everything. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone...for the price it was GREAT!

Do not expect the St. Regis or the Palace, but a European Boutique Hotel and you won't be dissapointed. Along the lines of a Hotel Monaco....

Restaurants: DeGrezia just east on 50th from hotel is great for dinner...Deli's don't miss Maxie's or Roxy's at Times Square...also "21" Upstairs was very romantic before the Opera!

• Stayed March 2006
18 Thank Hart70mom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed December 27, 2005

Three friends of mine and I stayed at The Kimberly from December 1 until December 4, 2005. We're in our thirties and have each traveled extensively. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite on the 27th floor. It was a corner room with a balcony. We had more space than we could have ever put to use. (It did come in handy for all the shopping bags.) The staff was fabulous and the location was ideal for our purposes. The decor in our suite could be updated but really, how much time do you spend in the room when in NYC. It was exceptionally clean and the beds were to die for. I would recommend this hotel to anyone except those looking for an extremely posh and romantic hotel for their stay. We’ll definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2005
25 Thank tshughes
Memphis
Reviewed December 25, 2005

We stayed at the Kimberly Hotel Dec. 11-14 in a 2br suite. It was very spacious for a family of four adults and one small child. I was quite impressed with the cleanliness of the suite. We arrived early and our room was already available. The staff is very considerate and helpful, most especially the doormen. We were always met with a smile whether we were coming or going.

I found the location ideal as it was central to most of our activities and with very little street noise. The walk to Times Square is short as is the walk to major shopping.

Some of the furniture did look a little worn but considering the the space you get get for such a reasonable price in NYC, it was perfectly fine. I was very pleased with our stay at the Kimberly and would highly recommend it, especially to those on a budget and with children.

We will definitely stay at the Kimberly Hotel again!

• Stayed December 2005
25 Thank raisinggracie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 19, 2005

I booked into The Kimberly the week after Thanksgiving for 5 nights after reading reviews here. Got a nice deal thru a web reservation service. The lobby was much smaller that I anticipated, but who spends time in the lobby? The room was VERY spacious by NYC standards. Had freinds staying around the corner, The W, and I visited their room.....TINY. They actually ended up staying an extra night in my room as I had the pull out sofa in the living room. I really like the balcony. It is nice to be able to walk outside and check the weather! The staff was very freindly, esp housekeeping! The receptionist tried to upgrade me to one of the premier suites but didn't have one for all 5 nights. The steak house adjacant served a good meal, but I would have appreciated better service at midnight with only 4 other tables in the place. They serve until 2am. I would stay here again at a discounted rate. Their published rates are much too high for the calibur of the property.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 14, 2005

Spent a long week there for business. The room was spacious with a full kitchen and sitting room It was clean and the bed was soft but comfortable. The work space provided was very small and the lighting was poor. I felt like I was checking my email in the dark most afternoons. It feels like an older apartment inside. The staff was nice and helpfull with several requests I made. One downside, one of the elevators broke and the on that was left was very slow. I walked down 12 floors to go out to dinner...happy that I wasn't on the 30th or having to walkup. It was fixed that night so it must have just been something small.

Stayed December 2005
22 Thank Grant_CA
West Lothian, Scotland
Reviewed December 7, 2005

We stayed at The Kimberly Hotel, 145 E 50th Street, New York for a total of 6 nights in November and would recommend it to anyone for it's location, friendly staff, size of suites and comfort value. Perhaps not the cheapest of hotels but we could not fault it in any way. Suite had everything - large bedrooms with oh so comfortable beds, great living area and kitchen, spacious bathrooms with every comfort, everything spotlessly clean and the added bonus of a balcony with the breathtaking view of the Chrysler Building.It doesn't get much better than this.

We wouldn't stay anywhere else now when we visit New York.

23 Thank EOrr16
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 29, 2005

I stayed at the Kimberly for the first time this week and at every turn, was suprised and delighted by the unparalleled service and amenities they provided during my stay -- from the complimentary upgrade to a suite, to the personalized note and free gift from the manager (completely unexpected), to the extremely attentive staff and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in outside of my home! All this for less than $300/night? That's unheard of for Midtown. Plus, the location cannot be beat -- it's 1/2 block from the Waldorf-Astoria. I LOVED this hotel and will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business