“Upscale Boutique Hotel, Great Location”
Review of The Kimberly Hotel

The Kimberly Hotel
Ranked #42 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Rochester, New York
“Upscale Boutique Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Kimberly Hotel is a nice upscale hotel on the east side of midtown. The location is perfect for just about anything in the city. The rooms were small, as will be any place in the city, but they were very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. Would recommend this hotel to couples, rather than families with small children.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristin L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Polish first
Kildare
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Visited for four days last week with Husband and two sons ages 11 and 17. First impressions were a little mixed as the front of the hotel was covered in scaffold. The check in was faultless, the door staff were excellent. Our two bed apartment on teh 25th floor was roomy and spotless. This is a small hotel with personal service which I found perfect in such a large anonymous city. The doorman had a high five for our younger son every time he saw him. The location is wonderful, we walked to Central Park, Broadway, 5th Avenue, in 10 mins with the Rockefella Centre 5 mins away. We tried to visit the Upstairs bar but my husband did not conform with the strict dress code, however we did breakfast there and it was fine, smaller than the photos suggested but some lovely views across the city. If I visit New York again I will definitely stay at The Kimberly.

Room Tip: Avoid the front of the hotel, views obscured by construction work and noise during the day.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsDKildare
South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Kimberly in Feb 2014, for a quick overnight getaway. My folks were in town and agreed to watch the kids. My wife had meetings in New York anyway. I picked the Kimberly because of its central midtown location which made it easy for my wife to get to her meetings. I was very happy that I did. It started with my greeting by Bijoux at check-in and continued until we left the next morning. The lobby is nice and the huge fish tank is stunning. It actually takes a few double takes to realize what it is. The room we had was a large suite that was very clean and had a great bathroom. We should have gone to the upstairs bar after dinner, but we were too tired. I did check it out the next morning, and the views of the Chrysler Building were nice in daylight, but must be fantastic at night. The gym is small, but has all the basics. If you need a better workout they have a deal with NYH&R. I would recommend this hotel to any NYC visitor. The suite was easily large enough for our family of four. We felt spoiled with just the two of us.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. The front desk folks are very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Psmith07
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I just came back from New York City after staying at the Kimberly hotel for 3 nights. It was a great location, clean hotel and friendly staff. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Liked that it was a boutique hotel as opposed to one of those big chain ones. You really felt more appreciated there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank carlamaureen
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Old buy fancy, this hotel is my favorite place to stay when I go visit my family in NY. Close to the action, close to everything. Nice, clean safe place. I love going to Radio City, this hotel it is walking distance to it. Love this place!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alessa R
Samara, Russia
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Kimberly Hotel needs renovation, the interior is a bit old. But it is in the center, location is awesome, everything within walking distance. One time you should try PH floor, good view
Staff is very helpful and friendly. Next to it I'd recommend Moreno coffee, very good place to drink good coffee in the morning

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Checking into the Kimberly was as easy as it gets. The hotel is very clean and the staff the best in NYC. From the moment we arrived we were treated to first class service. It he room was clean and most importantly welcoming and comfortable. We will be back because my wife is in love with the overall service. Great staff plus excellence service plus a very clean and comfortable room equal a return visit and recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business