“great hotel!!!!”

Ranked #43 of 467 Hotels in New York City
hanlos07
“great hotel!!!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2008

I would recommend this hotel to anyone! My family brought me here for my 21st birthday and I had the time of my life! New York was one of the most exciting places I have ever been to and the hotel was magnificent! When we arrived they had upgraded us to a duplex suite free of charge! the rooms were beautiful and the beds were so comfortable you completely forget about the bustle of the city and you're asleep in no time! The staff was very friendly especially helping us park, especially in manhattan! Check out the kimberly the next time you're in manhattan im sure you wont be disappointed! and be sure to ask for Ralph the door greeter!

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — had to walk a bit for attractions
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank hanlos07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Polish first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2008

Just returned from NYC and a night at The Kimberly Hotel. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the city, but this topped them all for value. I prefer the intimacy of boutique hotels and this hotel was also incredibly reasonable (comparably priced on most of the websites). The hotel website had much higher rates for the same rooms.

Pros:

Great location for shopping. Take the E train from Penn Station and you arrive a block from the hotel. Also plenty of cabs in the area.

Our standard room was large, quiet and immaculate. Bathroom was average size, renovated with marble floors etc. and shelf space for toiletries. And the air conditioning purred - no clunking as the temperature adjusted. Comfortable beds with crisp, white sheets. And so clean - a great room.

The staff is well trained and helpful. I mentioned my concern regarding the noisy rooms by the night club mentioned in some of the Trip Advisor reviews, and the receptionist immediately took care that our room was in a quiet location.

Concierge provided great maps and a recommendation for a moderately priced Italian restaurant on 53rd St. between 2nd and 3rd. Felt like the East Village - 10 tables - and very inexpensive. La Gioconda - fantastic food - esp. the crepes with chocolate sauce! Thank you, Lindsay, for that recommendation. Management take note - Lindsay should be your top PR person- charming and efficient!

The $10.00 coupon towards the $20.00 buffet breakfast was well worth it. We also had a late lunch there that was excellent.

Cons:

For the hotel, none. The area, however, was very crowded and rushed, but it is summer and the tourists are spending their Euros. And there are stores everywhere.

And should I complain when there is a framed letter from President Jimmy Carter complimenting the hotel? It seems he has stayed there many times.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, boutique hotel atmosphere, helpful staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank 4bwp
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Central and safe. Four nights in luxurious accommodation for a fraction of the cost of the well known hotel where we usually stay a block away! Comfortable suite with kitchen, if needed, + balcony and views over Manhattan. Just two minutes walk to St Patrick's Cathedral.

An incredibly busy schedule demanded a central hotel and the Kimberly provided all we needed - sumptious bedroom and separate drawing room with cosy sofas, desk and chairs. Printer/fax provided + stack of paper and laptop was up and running immediately + a Business Centre on ground floor. High quality furnishings and fabrics. Staff helpful and polite. Room service fast and efficent. In pouring rain the doorman found a taxi almost immediately - nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant was relaxed and food good.

Will definitely use this hotel again, perhaps for a longer stay with teenage children as sofabeds in drawing room and plenty of room for all the family.

• Liked — Ambiance and spacious rooms
  • Disliked — Small entrance hall, but extension planned.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank arrosage
ccohen387, Guest Services Manager at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2008
Dear Kimberly Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Kimberly Hotel. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cordially,

Newyork
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I loved this hotel!! Most people say the rooms look old fashion.. but they arent and they are really cozy and nice. I really liked this hotel. The staff was excellent and very quick. Whenever I ordered room service they came up right away. I wouldl for sure stay at this hotel again. It is good for all ages. I think that everyone will enjoy there stay at this hotel. The rooms were very nice, and the beds were very comfortable. The pool was so nice and relaxing. I wanted to spend my whole time at the hotel there! This hotel also has very good dining. The food was very good and the service was very quick. I enjoyed my stay at the Kimberly New York Hotel. I suggest this hotel to anybody who is coming with familys and children. My kids loved this hotel!

This is a really good hotel!!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen419
ccohen387, Guest Services Manager at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2008
Dear Kimberly Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on The Kimberly Hotel. We are so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed the hotel, specifically the service and comfortable rooms. We hope to see you and your family again in the near future.

Best personal regards,

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Not too bad....the rooms were a mix of 4-5 star and a Courtyard Marriott style....the beds were the saving grace as they were soooooo comfy and amazing....the ac didn't work well so at times the rooms were stuffy....the staff was amazing....beyond helpful and nice...we would probably stay again as the price was great for being right in the heart of east side near everything...however we would probably check other hotels first for an over all nicer room...

• Liked — the beds and the staff
  • Disliked — air system and some of the lower end qualities of the room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Dear Kimberly Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Kimberly Hotel. We greatly appreciate your response, and we’re glad you were satisfied with the hotel. On behalf of the entire staff, I want to apologize for the AC and your disappointing room. We are currently dealing with the AC issue. In the future, I recommend you stay in one of the Kimberly’s Luxury Suites because these have been recently renovated. We sincerely hope you do stay with us again.
Best wishes,

Dublin
Reviewed May 2, 2008

Me and mom, sister and aunt decided to go to new york. I looked around for hotels that had big rooms with more than one bed!The kimberly suited this!
We arrived at the hotel and was greeted by very friendly door men! When we got to the reception they decided to upgrade us from the one bed suite to one of the duplex rooms! So we were very pleased with that!

When we got to the room, we were god smacked! It was amazing! There was 2 floors, 2 baths and 2 balconys. Each floor had a king size bed and a wide screen tv. There was a very fancy spiral stair case as well! Over all we were very pleased. It ment me and my sister could leave my mom and aunt to rest while we went upstairs.

The location itself was great! Just off 5th avenue. There's a subway just a couple blocks down. All in walking distance with central park, 5th avenue, rockerfella center, empire state building, times square! Right smack bang in the middle.

We were given vouchers for the resturant which we used in the morning. There's a lovely buffet in the morning with lots of fresh fruit, pancakes, waffels, french toast, omletes, cereals. On the weekends, breakfast is free! The staff there were also very friendly.
If you didn't want to eat out there's a food shop around the corner with a big deli type bar with loads of fruits, hot food, pasta, salads.

There's a concierge in the reception also, who are very helpful.

All in all a brilliant stay and would def go back!

• Liked — Location and room.
  • Disliked — Noise at night.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Dear Kimberly Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on The Kimberly Hotel. We are delighted you and your family enjoyed the hotel. Your elaborate response is greatly appreciated by the entire staff. I am glad you enjoyed the duplex, and were able to take advantage of many amenities at the hotel. We will look forward to seeing you at The Kimberly again soon.
Cordially,

London
Reviewed May 1, 2008

Just returned from NY and will definately be going back but wont be staying at The Kimberly. Nothing wrong with the staff and room but from our room (5J) we had no view and was next to a nightclub. Spent a lot of money of taxi's back and forth to Meat Packing District and Greenwich Village. 7/10.

Stayed April 2008
Dear Kimberly Guest,

Thank you for reviewing The Kimberly Hotel. On behalf of our staff, I am very sorry you were disappointed in your stay. If you decide to stay with us again, I recommend requesting a room on a higher floor to distance yourself from the nightclub. Although The Kimberly’s location is in close proximity to many points of interest in Manhattan, I understand that it’s not convenient for travel to all areas. However, we hope you consider The Kimberly for your next visit to New York.
Best personal regards,