The Kimberly Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$326
$271
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$176
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
$152
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$187
$114
$167
$135
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$159
$120
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
$365
$322
Marriott Hotels
2,118 results
All reviewsone bedroom suiterooftop barchrysler buildingthe penthousenew yorkfull kitchenrockefeller centersmall kitchenthe sofa bedsitting roomliving areadoor staffaround the cornercentral parkboutique hotelrooms are largewonderful hotel
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The suites are large, airy and clean. Small kitchen but quite adequate for our needs. Plenty of grocery stores to stock up on essentials. Friendly staff and the hotel is well located. All in all, a very good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank john71
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Kimberly for a week in June 2012. Our spacious suite (room 22E) provided comfortable and quiet lodging in a convenient mid-town east location.

> Huge living/dining area included a kitchenette with microwave.
> Bathroom was quite large with two sinks;
> Bedroom was big enough for king bed with 3 or 4 feet on each side.
> Good-size closet in the BR and also a coat closet by the entry.
> Long narrow balcony had a small table and chairs.

Our room was very quiet. We heard nothing from other rooms or from the hallway. We didn't notice outside noise unless we opened the door to the balcony.

The king size bed was firm and very comfortable with plenty of pillows and a fresh duvet cover; there was also a top sheet (unlike some European hotels that provide only the duvet). An extra blanket was also provided.

The furniture in the LR/DR was decent and usable - chairs were comfortable. There was a TV in the LR and another in the BR.

Air-conditioning worked well and kept the humidity low. (We had very hot weather during our stay.)

Bell staff and concierge were courteous and very helpful. Elevators were very fast.

The hotel doesn't have a full restaurant. The do serve breakfast in the penthouse, but we never tried it.

Convenient east mid-town location. Only 1 block to line 6 subway.

There were a few things that could have been better in the bathroom: There was no exhaust fan, so the mirror steamed up - but it cleared very quickly when the bathroom door was opened. There were not enough places to hang towels in the bathroom. With two people using the bathroom, it would have been nice to have another towel bar. (There were hooks for robes on the back of the bathroom door. There was a fair amount of counter space, but it would have been nice to have another shelf to put things on - there certainly was room for one.

The wifi in the room was very slow - usually not faster the 3G cellular service on my phone. Late in the evenings it was faster.

This is not an ultra-luxury hotel, but it is very nice, and we thought it was a very good value.

Room Tip: Our room was on a high floor (22) and very quiet. We could see the top of the Chrysler building from our room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enchanted7
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed in a one-bedroom suite at the Kimberly for a month and wanted to give you pros and cons of this hotel.

Pros:
-Spacious rooms for Manhattan
-Very comfortable bed
-Some nice pieces of furniture
-Helpful porters/doormen
-Relatively cheap room service
-Good housekeeping. I didn't need to ask toiletries. Always fresh towels stocked up.
-Conveniently located in Midtown East

Cons:
-Extremely slow elevators
-Very spotty or NO Internet connection!! You can forget about wifi, and even if you use an Ethernet cable, the speed is unbelievably slow. Slower than dial-up. I experienced slowness throughout my stay, so the hotel clearly isn't doing anything to solve this issue. So if you need to work in your room, be warned. Stay elsewhere and be productive.
-They won't let food deliveries go upstairs. Guests must go downstairs to pick it up.
-They also won't bring up packages (maybe it was because 11pm?). However, they occasionally left my packages in the room while I was away. So this is very arbitrary.
-Water pressure of the shower is rather weak
-Rooms are too dark
-No channel guide or menu for TV program
-Dry cleaning service is obscenely priced. So many of us actually had local dry cleaners come and pick up our laundry.
-There are only two public computers in the lobby

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank unbiasedadvisor
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Kimberly Hotel is one of the most fabulous places I have ever stayed! I travel quite frequently and from the moment I walked in the door I was welcomed back by several of the doormen....Kevin, Jose, and Ralphie! I hadn't been there in 6 months but yet they all remembered me and even asked how my parents were doing! The front desk staff were so friendly and my check in was so fast! I cannot even begin to describe how amazing the rooms were. I was in a room with the most amazing bathroom---jacuzzi tub, rain shower, and a wall shower too! After a long day of running around NYC for work, coming back to relax and shower was just absolutely perfect. Everything was very clean and the staff as a whole were always helpful, polite, and smiling!

The Kimberly Hotel is a fantastic place to stay whether for business or with your family....I recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Anirishgirl74
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My daughter was married in Central Park this past Saturday. We chose the Upstairs at The Kimberly Hotel for a small (15-20 people) cocktail/dinner reception. Not only is the view incredible, but the service was impeccable!! The food was delicious, in taste and presentation. This venue was everything we hoped and at a reasonable price. The Concierge at the Hotel, Peter, was most helpful with planning our transportation to and from events. The Hotel is also a delightful place to stay. ALL the staff is eager to accommodate your every desire. The Hotel is clean and spacious and close to subway stations and delightful walks in the City. We also enjoyed the yacht excursion that is offered thru the Hotel. We have been to NYC many times and have stayed many wonderful places. This experience ranks #1 with us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family