“Amazing service”

Ranked #50 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Australia
“Amazing service”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for my wedding in April. The hotel was so accommodating of all our requests, we even got upgraded on our wedding night.

The staff were so friendly, the rooms were huge (the one bedroom suites especially so) and it was in an excellent location. We walked easily to Central Park, empire state, Rockefeller etc.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are the most spacious!
1 Thank squishy_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed May 20, 2011

great location in midtown east, close to all must-see landmarks.
friendly staff, spacey rooms and the most comfortable beds ever!

Room Tip: one bedroom suit is great even for 4 people!
Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Miami
Reviewed May 17, 2011

This was my 4th stay at The Kimberly and it is always wonderful when staff recognizes you as a return guest, thank you all! This was my first time experiencing the new roof top lounge, just fabulous! The front desk and Concierge staff was terrific as always.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Rochester, NY
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Having just a deluxe guestroom actually meant having a foyer with a coat/umbrella closet, a cool kitchenette, bathroom with rain showerhead, extra handheld, beautiful marble; french doors then opened into the bedroom with luxe furnishing, a capacious closet, sliding door to the balcony and a second set of french doors opening into a living room. The hotel is on 50th, a great mid-town location. Boutique hotel, careful ownership, terrific staff. A completely wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Remodeling some rooms. Ask.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nonhumilis
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed in a Deluxe Suite -- one king bedroom, a sitting room with a pull out sofa bed and a dining table for 4, and a kitchenette--on around the 25th floor if I remember correctly. Although the reception area seems a bit small, we were delighted with the spaciousness of the rooms and the location, which could not have been better. One block from the Waldorf Astoria, it made many top Midtown-Manhattan sites easily walkable for us and our (young) children. In addition we had to drop off our car at National, which was literally across the street! We enjoyed opening up the door to the balcony to see the Chrysler Building, and going to the rooftop restaurant/garden to see more expansive views of the skyline. The king bed was fantastic but I do agree with another reviewer that the pull out sofa was really not comfortable at all--our kids could feel the springs through the lumpy mattress, but they coped for 2 nights. I certainly wouldn't recommend the pull out for an adult and for much longer than a night or two. And yes, the decor was quite dated, but I suppose we just attributed it to the overall style and charm of the hotel. The personnel were very helpful and overall, we were very pleased with this small, personable, clean and accessible hotel. We would certainly return there.

1 Thank Aprohask
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I have never written a bad review for a hotel, but this will be my first time. This was my second stay at the Kimberly Hotel. My first visit was okay. The location was fine, staff friendly and the room spacious and fairly clean (I stayed in a one room suite). My second stay was pretty terrible. I stayed in a one bedroom suite once again, but the room was worn and dingy. It just looked and felt dirty. The room's windows were stuck open. The reason for this is that the heat won't shut off automatically. You have two choices: heat on and blazing, or heat off. Consequently, the delightful sound of street noice and horns fills the room all night. There was little water pressure. I spent crazy amounts of time wating for the elevator. In fact, one time I waited so long I simply chose to walk down nine flights of stairs. The morning I was there, a group of people actually got stuck in one of the elevators. They had a convention meeting in the building which meant the very small lobby was often jammed. Both times I needed the doorman, he was nowhere to be found. I found upon arrival I had been assigned a smoking room. Apparently a non-smoking room is a "special request" on their reservation website. You are not asked your preference when making the reservation. I requested a different room but was told that they could not move me (despite the fact that I was checking in early). Sure, the location is great, but that is about it. And the cost is reasonable, but I'm not sure you even get what you pay for at the Kimberly. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SKChicago
kimmie145, General Manager at The Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Dear Guest,
We apologize sincerely for this experience. This is not at all typical of our hotel. I would like to invite you to contact me directly so that we may make amends and restore your confidence in our hotel.

Mujo Perezic, GM
Manchester
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I spent 4 nights over Easter weekend at The Kimberley Hotel with my daughter for her 21 Birthday. We both had a really great time and now have special memories which will stay with us for ever.

The Hotel was in a nicer, quieter (if there is such a thing in NYC) part of the city, the staff were always friendly and helpful especially the door staff who always went out of their way to make you happy.

We got upgraded from a Deluxe guest room to a Luxury Suite so we were very happily comfortable, the bathroom especially was gorgeous with marble shower room, separate marble toilet area and large jacuzzi bath with TV and 'the view' if adventurous enough to open the blinds. Our balcony was partly covered in with glass where the seating/table area was and then a small verandah part with good views over to the top of the Chrystler building - just fabulous. Would definitely recommend a stay here. We walked around the whole of Manhattan but the subway was only on the next block E 51st St, so very easy to get about too.

3 Thank ManchesterJW