I think this is oldfashion hotel.
1) The location is close to central park, national museum, colombus street, and amsterdam street.the subway approximally 200-300 meters from the hotel. just remember, that the hotel is in upper town, if you want go to time square, you need choose subway to downtown direction. If you want to go to time square with taxi, it's only use 10-12 dollars (1taxi can use for 4 persons)
2) The staff in lobby, some of them are friendly, some not!
3) the breakfast is 17,5 dollar. I recommended to have breakfast outside, because so many cafe shop open in the morning. The Starbuck just cross the street. And the other cafe shop just walking 200-300 meters from the hotel.
4) you can put your suitcase in the concierge's hotel with 2 dollars/pax/night.
5) the room is small and old design interior but have comfortable bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Excelsior Upper West Side NYC Hotel Located in the fashionable Upper West Side neighborhood between Central Park and Columbus Avenue, the Excelsior Hotel is a beautifully renovated hotel with an abundance of old world charm and comfort. This landmark hotel is characteristic of Manhattan's architectural beauty among the dramatic Central Park setting; thoroughly complimented by modern conveniences and luxuries. The Excelsior Hotel is located in one of New York City's trendiest neighborhoods, overlooking the American Museum of Natural History and the Rose Center for Earth and Space. Popular attractions such as Lincoln Center, the Beacon Theatre, and Columbia University are within walking distance to the Excelsior. A leisurely stroll across Central Park to the Upper East Side leads to the luxurious boutiques of Madison Avenue, an endless selection of restaurants, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Guggenheim and Whitney Museums. If your plans include an evening at the theatre or site seeing among the hustle and bustle of Manhattan, famous attractions such as Times Square, the Empire State Building, and Rockefeller Center are a quick ride from the Excelsior Hotel by New York Taxi, Subway, or bus. Manhattan's Excelsior Hotel features an elegantly and comfortably appointed Lobby; inviting guests to feel at home upon their arrival. Its New York City hotel room accommodations are inspired with an Art Deco contemporary motif with countless amenities and services to make a stay at the Excelsior Hotel an experience for guests desiring more than a typical New York "tourist" hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Excelsior Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior New York City
- Excelsior Hotel New York City