Writing a late review 'cause I just got around to signing up to this website.
Stayed at the Wolcott last year in June for seven days.
- The location was good, near times square and the Empire State Bdg.
- Staff was okay (But I wouldn't say friendly)
- Price was good for it's location
- Rooms were fairly clean, saw no rodents, pests, or any other undesirable
- Decent TV (Not like I spent much time watching it, too many things to
do in NYC to waste any time with that)
- Water pressure/temperature in shower was variable hot/cold
- Strange looking liquid gurgled from the drain and coated the bottom of
the tub, but happened infrequently.
- Rooms are quite small (The bed took up most of the room)
- Elevators are very, very SLOW (and like a hotbox in the summer)
All in all, I wouldn't say it's a bad place to stay, but I wouldn't give it more than a 3-Star rating. Next time around I think I will lay down a little more cash, do more research, and maybe get something a little better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Wolcott is located in the center of tourist New York. Near the Empire State building, NoMad,UN, Macys, Circle Line, theater district, SOHO, the High Line and all public transportation. The Hotel offers clean comfortable, modern accommodations in an old-world atmosphere at reasonable prices year round. We have been written about in many domestic and international guides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wolcott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wolcott Hotel New York City