“Great Value for Manhattan Hotel!”
Review of Wolcott Hotel

Wolcott Hotel
Ranked #240 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Toronto
“Great Value for Manhattan Hotel!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Wolcott Hotel while I was in town for the Surtex Show. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel. I found my room to be very clean and large (I got an upgrade), the breakfast was very good, but most impressive, the service was excellent. The hotel is also in a great location, and within walking distance to everywhere that I needed to go.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was my second stay at the Hotel Wolcott and my boyfriend and I were very pleased again. We love to grab some Muffins and coffee in the morning in the lobby. The room was very nice and new furnished on an upper floor. I also once stayed in the Belvedere which also nice, but much more expensive. I would go to the Wolcott again! Price, Service and location are great!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Martina A
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 6 or 7 times over the last few years and we have found it to be a great value. The rooms vary from smallish to two room suites depending on what they have available, some have interesting "character" however they have always been clean and functional. The staff has always been pleasant and helpful but expect to carry your own bags. There are good restaurants around if you get out and explore but it's not the Theater district - you need to go find them. Don't come here expecting five star accommodations, however if you want a decent hotel for a great price this is the place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank therivertown
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and i recently stayed at the Wolcott hotel new york. This was our first visit to new york and the location was fantastic, just off 5th Ave. The hotel is a little dated but has character, the coffee and muffins in the morning are great, the reception were always helpful. We booked a junior suite and we were impressed by the size of the room, plenty of storage space as well, the bathroom was spotless and fresh towels if you required daily, aircon very good, beds comfy, nothing bad to report on our stay, the only thing would be the decor needs updating but its clean. Would stay there again but be aware of extra taxes when you get the bill, this is the same in all hotels in new york.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with IKnowUK

2 Thank chapman70831
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon. We were given our room only to find it was a smoking room which we don't. The cleaners had tried to cover up the smell with air freshner which didn't work.
All the enamel had started to fall away in the bath and it looked terrible. I asked if we could be moved mainly because of the smell of smoke, but the alternative room was half the size and in the same state with the bathroom etc in the same condition.

We accepted it for what it was and spent 3 great days in new york.

The day before we were leaving I asked the conierge how much it would be to get a car/taxi to take us to the cruise terminal in new jersey. She quoted us $149.00
Which I thought was expensive and said I would think about it. The concierge put pressure on and told us we would not find it any cheaper and that we should book it right there with her which included money up front. I blame myself for going with it but I trusted the hotel would not rip us off.

We were taken to our destination the next day by mini van and continued our trip. Whilst on this trip we met a few people who had done the same as us and had booked transport from the same area as us (different hotels) to the same destination. They had all paid around $80-$90 and some had been transported in limo's for this price!

The bottom line is we put our trust in the hotel and they took us for around $60 over what it should have cost.

On top of this I didnt meet any friendly or accomadating staff and this place really needs some attention to make it acceptable to stay in.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank rogdmo
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel Wolcott is located just two streets from the Empire State Building. Historical, old building has few prons and cons. Room are really spacious with comfortable bed and television. There was a bathroom with a bath including all standard amenities. Talking about cons, there was a noise from other rooms and a noise of old pipes.

There is a great, historic lobby in the hotel. Staff was very kind and helpfull. There is a place to buy tickets for all entertainment across the city and tickets to/from airport (prices are higher). That is more, there is a tea/coffee with some snack every morning in the lobby.

It is next to 32th/34th street metro station.
I recomend that hotel for a stay in Manhattan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Was looking for low cost/great location hotel in Manhattan and I got it with the Wolcott. Yes the rooms are small (it's New York, get out of your hotel room and see the city!) and they don't have many amenities but the location is amazing for people that want to be in the heart of the city. I found it very affordable The lobby is also beautiful and worth a few snaps too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple