“I wish it had been better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Better Burger - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wish it had been better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well, it seems the exotic meats are really the reason to go here. I got the regular burger as I am a great believer in starting out with the basics to establish a baseline. It was really very blah. And I think I had a coupon and it was still pretty pricy. There are too many other options for a good burger in the neighborhood. But if you have a desire for ostrich or bison this might be your place.

Visited August 2012

Rhinebeck, New York
“Don't know about it actually being a "better burger"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

But it's not a bad burger.... I had the veggie burger, and it was decent, and I especially liked their spicy ketchup but I can't see going out of my way to go back.

• Visited November 2011
New York City
“Great Healthy Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

Loved the taste of that healthy burger wrapped in lettuce and olive oil perfectly fried fries....mmm!

Visited December 2011
Southampton
“Yummy home cooked burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

We popped in here by chance when staying locally. Opted for the beef burger, just tasted like home cooked. None of the grease you get so often in fast food places, we will be eating there again while in NYC.

Visited July 2011
York
“Could-Be-Better Burger”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

Having come across a YouTube video review of the top five NYC burger joints, my wife and I decided to check out Better Burger which was highly rated in the video review. It was a pleasant walk from out hotel on 29th Street to the restaurant, which sits on a corner on 8th Avenue.

The first thing we noticed as we entered the place was that it was empty. Bear in mind it was about 1:30 on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Bad sign. The bored looking woman standing behind the counter did not manage a smile and took our order mechanically.

Now, Better Burger markets itself as a healthy, additive-free alternative in the world of fast food joints. But a healthy burger should not mean a tasteless burger. Our burgers arrived looking very appetizing. But after the first bite we realized that we'd made a mistake going there. The 100% organic beef patty was bland without even a hint of salt or pepper. The fries looked tired and soggy, and again lacked any sign of seasoning.

Overall it was a bland experience, from the service to the product. It was a good thing that we still had four other burger places to check out in NYC... there was still some hope!