“Excellent food but it doesn't come cheap!”
Review of Parigot

Parigot
Ranked #4,474 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoHo
Cross street: Lafayette
Transit: ACE/NQR/JMZ/6 to Canal Street.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I had dinner last tonight, lovely French restaurant one block away from Little Italy. We were aiming for a light dinner and we first got in for a salad/sandwich selection we liked. Once open the menu the offering was too appealing to stick to the sandwich, so we ordered a tuna tartare with fries, a salad grilled tuna paired with 1/2 litre lovely rose. Food was excellent! Full of taste and very fresh!nice service too! The Only ugly surprise was the total bill: 80ish dollars (gratuity excluded) -probably in line with Manhattan prices but it came a bit as a shock..Still I wonder: although very good food, was it worth that money?

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Let's face it--French food is not cheap! In mid-August 2013, I spent $65 bucks for a delightful meal (including wine). The staff was very friendly and pleasant. The atmosphere was more-or-less like a Parisian brasserie or tavern. The name "Parigot" is derogatory French slang for a Parisian. Used as a name for the restaurant, it is a kind of joke. I recommend the Parigot, and I will go back again when/if I return to NYC.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

After seeing so many French restaurants/cafes dotted around NYC, we checked out this restaurant as it gave off a quite ambiance, despite being 2 blocks away from the intermingling and crowded Little Italy and Chinatown districts.

The service was fantastic, the desserts were handmade and tasted like those I've tried in France, leaving you full yet satisfied.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just 2 short blocks away from the food factories that line the streets of Little Italy & Chinatown's brightly lit pedestrian-only streets, this little gem offers a sweet atmosphere, a quiet meal (those tourist traps are full of screamers - this place seems to cater to locals, always a good sign), and really wonderful food at a reasonable price.

The vichyssoise had more leek flavor than most, but was well-balanced, and served just chilly - perfect for the hot humid night. Organic chicken from the prixe-fixe menu was succulent. The ratattouille was cool and tasted of each vegetable being fresh and crisp. Our desserts were a creme brulee (with smooth cool custard and warm crisp caramel) and tarte tatin that had perfectly caramelized apples. My $8 cabernet was better than the $5 house red, but the house red was ok.

The bill (w/o tip, but w tax) was $88 - a bargain after the really awful food we had up the street the night before. Definitely on my list to visit again next time I get to SoHo.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our visit would just not be the same without touring SOHO. We were looking for a place to eat that offered a gluten-free friendly menu and a nice atmosphere ~ we got that and more. While the menu does not specifically advertise gluten-free meals, the waiter was extremely accommodating to suggesting something on the menu that would be safe. We enjoyed both our meals in this quaint little restaurant that offered a warm and friendly atmosphere. As an added bonus, the waiter realized that it was wedding anniversary and put a candle atop our desert and offered champagne on the house!!

Would definitely recommend for people looking for a simple meals delivered with great attitude.