“Really tasty thin crust pizza”

Waldy's Wood Fired Pizza & Penne
Ranked #692 of 14,531 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I'm Italian, born and raised in Brooklyn, so my standard for pizza is pretty high. But I have to say, Waldy's does a nice job with their pizza. My boss ordered a bunch of pies for lunch. I really like the unique oval shape the pizza comes in. It almost looks like a pizza boat. But the best part has to be the paper thin crust. Extra well done, crunch and a sturdy slice. This is how pizza should be made. Good variety of toppings as well, although I usually prefer plain.

Waldy's is a nice change of pace. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great for sharing with a glass of 'good wine' or 'better wine' (or beer)as they advertise it, in a nicely funky, friendly atmosphere. Genuinely one of the best pizzas I've ever had, with good company, and no pretensions. Great place.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Our Consiege recommended Waldy's as we had just arrived in NYC and were looking for a quick bite to eat, we being me, OH and 14 year old son. Small pizza just right for me and mediums for the boys. Friendly service, delicious pizza (fab crust). What more do you need?

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stumbled across this after checking into our hotel much later than expected because our flight was delayed. A medium pizza and a pitcher of beer for 2 for less than $25? Unbelievable for NYC. We ordered the prosciutto and asparagus pizza and enjoyed every bite while striking up a conversation with a couple of locals.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The resturant is a "selfservice" resturant.
The pizzas is made well, but the cheese they use smells so bad, you loose your appetite.
If they changed to a desent quality cheese we would rate it 4.
Having a wood fired oven kind of sets a bar. Bad ingredients can only dissapoint.