“Pizza Like They Make It In Italy!”

Waldy's Wood Fired Pizza & Penne
Ranked #931 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Pizza Like They Make It In Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Waldy's is small but so excellent. I am of Italian descent & often visit my family in central Italy. Waldy's pizza tastes like home-made pizza in Italy. The real deal. Not Americanized gooey glop. Waldy's has thin crust & fresh, tasty toppings. You can eat-in, or they deliver within a designated area. They have wine & a little freezer case with one-serving gelato cups in authentic flavors. Just enough to add the sweet finish to a tasty meal. It was wonderful to find that authentic taste here in the U.S. Nice guys behind the counter, too.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank KAREN S

• Polish first
Columbus, Georgia
“Best Pizza I've Ever Had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visiting New York, we were staying at the FF Marriott on 28th Street. Every day we'd ask Thomas (from the front desk) what he would recommend. He hadn't lead us wrong yet and this time he said, "Do you want to try the best pizza in the world?" Keep in mind, he's from New York and we are sure he's tried them all! We follow his lead and he leads us to Waldy's.

My family and I are usually thick crust, heavy toppings kinda people so when we walk in and find a super thin crust oval shaped pizza on display we all looked at each other like this was going to be an epic fail!

We ordered a pepperoni, sausage, cheese + goat cheese and then mushrooms on only half the pizza ... and waited. OMGEEEEE!

It was the BEST pizza we had ever ate! I don't know what they do that's different from everyone else but it made our mouth water. The crust was crunchy and thin, but not too thin and you could taste every, EVERY single topping on the pizza. Delicious!

The staff was friendly and the place was clean. Small, family owned place! Sure wish they would franchise!

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Best pizza in New York City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I know it's not your typical New York 'slice', but it's that combination of thin crust and the wood-burning stove, that gives it that smoky flavour. Best god-damn pizza in NYC, hands down!
Not a lot of seating available (3 tables? and 1 waist-high bench to sit at), so if you're coming around lunch-time, be prepared to possibly have to take it with you. But in the summertime, Madison Square Park is a short walk away anyway, where you can sit down and unbox your delicious thin-crust delight.

• Visited August 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“Super great pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Stop by and order a pizza- it is a thin crust style and the toppings tonight were arugula, goat cheese and tomato sauce. The salads are ceaser and an arugula, peppers and fresh mozzarella one. Yummy, healthy and great friendly service. Price is VERY reasonable. Beers on tap. Great list of signature pies. Also on menu wood roasted penne. It is open daily 11am to 11 pm and sunday until 10 pm. You will love this place

“Average at Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I decided to try Waldy's because of its high rating. I was very disappointed. I usually eat at Pizza Suprema which in my opinion is the best. I would recommend not eating here, and walking a few blocks to Pizza Suprema.

• Visited May 2013