“Friendliest service in NYC; Fresh food at a very reasonable price”
Review of Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger
Ranked #190 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stopped in to the location on Lexington and 41st for a quick bite to eat. At first glance, I thought that the pre-packaged sandwiches were going to be your typical deli fare. I decided to give it a shot anyway and I'm glad that I did. The bread is made fresh (in the store) throughout the day and was not stale at all. The chicken and mozzarella (both brought to the store fresh daily) were incredible. I added some chips, a cup of coffee, an apple and a bottle of water and was done at around $12 - 13. That's incredible, considering I paid about the same for a burger and some fries a couple of days before.

The thing that I really noticed (aside from the fresh food) was the incredibly friendly staff. While I was trying to decide what to get, I had a couple of people ask me if I needed any help or had any questions. When I was ready to check out, there were a few people in front of me in line, so the manager opened up a new register to try to help out. This was a first for me in the entire time that I've been in New York. Needless to say, I was impressed. Then, I was blown away at what happened next. I was sitting and eating my sandwich, when I noticed an elderly lady making her way to a nearby seat. She was having enough trouble with her coat and her drink that adding a tray would have been out of the question. An employee brought her tray over to her desk. The elderly lady tried to tip him, but the employee refused. I'LL SAY IT AGAIN...THE EMPLOYEE REFUSED THE TIP. He explained that it was "his pleasure" to help.

This made a big impact on me and changed my thoughts on the service industry in NYC.

There are newer reviews for Pret A Manger

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I fell in love with Pret in London, such great food at good prices and always super fresh. Plus...the Lime Curry Dill crisps are amazeballs. They are only available in London apparently. But go here, you won't regret it.

6  Thank kayaker12
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Fresh made sandwiches, juice, toast and salad. If you want a quick meal and have no time to line up at restaurant. It is the place to go.

1  Thank SPG Platinum W
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have no words to say how this place is good! Every single sandwich I have ever tried here was super delicious! Fresh and tasty salads, sandwiches and deserts. Good service. Excellent value!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were looking for a quick bite before catching the train out of the city and we stumbled upon Pret A Manger. The soups were great, the cookies divine, the bread fresh, and the staff delightful. The people who work there clearly take pride in what they do, and the company seems to have a social responsibility (at least as stated) that the rest of the restaurant community in America should follow. They have redefined, in my view, what "fast" food can and should be.