“Shockingly good”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were looking for a quick bite before catching the train out of the city and we stumbled upon Pret A Manger. The soups were great, the cookies divine, the bread fresh, and the staff delightful. The people who work there clearly take pride in what they do, and the company seems to have a social responsibility (at least as stated) that the rest of the restaurant community in America should follow. They have redefined, in my view, what "fast" food can and should be.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Best muffins ever! Clean place, great staff! The place is so addictive. Very fresh tasting food and alot of options. The food is made everyday with fresh products all natural. This is my favourite place to grab a quick bite to eat and start my journey when in NYC.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a great food chain in the city. Fresh healthy sandwiches to grab on the go. Nice window seating also

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This restaurant is close to my destination and because I'm vegetarian I look for places that provide vegetarian and or vegan options. They have a nice selection of good enough vegetarian options: lentil soup which is tasty and great salad combinations(chick peas, avocado and spinach) plus bite size desserts adaptable to a veg. appetite. I think I saw at least 2 soups on the menu for vegetarians.Fresh squeezed juices too although lightly pasteurized . I like the big windows they allow for great people watching while eating. I would eat here again and again.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is basically fast food disguised as a sandwich joint, and with untrained or disinterested staff. I was coming up to the counter and the female staff couldn't be bothered to acknowledge my presence for 3 minutes while she looked at her fingernails. When she finally did, i asked for a croissant and tea. After punching the cash register keys, she asked me to repeat my order again as she wasn't listening. Disgusting. And the "freshly baked" croissant didn't taste fresh. There are hundreds of other options in NY. Skip this