“This has to be the best hamburger in NYC!”
Review of Shake Shack

Shake Shack
Ranked #102 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Sao Paulo, SP
“This has to be the best hamburger in NYC!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I am not a huge fan of fast food or hamburgers, but I decided to try Shake Shack because my apartment was near Madison Square and I always saw a lot of people lining up there. Try to avoid lunch time because it's when it gets very very packed. I went there by 4pm (for a snack) and I only had to wait 10 minutes. The hamburger was delicious! So moist and so tasty, I had never tried something like that until that moment. Fries are also very good. Try the ones with cheddar topping.

• Visited May 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great Burgers and Shakes Outdoor”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I've visited many of the NYC Shake Shacks, including the recently built one at JFK airport. My favorite is the Madison Avenue location, because it is outdoors. Even in the winter, when they have heater stands where you can sit (but you should stand so that you can be close to the heat), I enjoy being outside while enjoying my food. Like all of the Shake Shacks, this one has very tasty burgers and great "concretes," which are frozen custard ice creams with things mixed in. i also recommend the hot chocolate. Surprisingly, it is thick and chocolatey and not at all what you would expect at a burger place. For eating, I normally order the SmokeShack, which has bacon and cheese. The sauce and chopped peppers add so much delicious flavor. It is one of the best burgers. The servers are friendly and very helpful, no matter how long the line. You may be intimidated by the length of the line, but you will be surprised at how quickly it moves. This is especially true if you go to the 8th Avenue location, which is invariably crowded. However, the food is worth the wait. Just hop in line and have a friend grab a table. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Courtney M
“Best burger ever”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I am not a big fan of burgers but their Shack burger was great. I would advise you to order the double because the meat is not thick at all. Kind of pricey but it's new york!

New Delhi, India
“Started my food trip at NY with this!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

i started my 3 week trip in US with Shake shack and boy, was it an experience for my palette! The burgers are to die for and the fries and the sauce are lovely.
The only problem I had and maybe it was a normal thing for new yorkers was the huge line. Sometimes, you think of just leaving the line and trying someplace else. I am happy I didn't

• Visited August 2013
Montreal, Canada
“My visit in U.S.A”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The food was amazing people are very friendly. Also I got free ice cream how awesome is that. Thank you for your warm friendly service. It is amazing.

See you guys this sumer.
FM.