“Shake Shack Rocks!”

Shake Shack
Ranked #106 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Wayne, New Jersey
“Shake Shack Rocks!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This week I was able to combine a fun team-building event at work with a new burger joint. While visiting the American Museum of Natural History I was able to steal away to The Shake Shack a few blocks away for a new blog entry. I've been dying to try the place out after all I've been reading and every time I've tried in the past I was met with what is now their signature "out-the-door" lines (and usually down the sidewalk). But today, the line was only "to" the door so in I went. The total wait was just shy of 20mins (for 1 single ShackBurger) which allowed for a lot of people-watching, something New York is great for and something that made the wait seem a lot shorter. Finally my wireless "food-is-ready" buzzer buzzed and I promptly grabbed my burger and made for a bench across the street at the entrance to Central Park West. I could smell that awesome old-fashioned rendered fat as soon as the bag opened and like a lunatic I spent quite a few moments just smelling the sandwich - turning the burger around and smelling... I'm salivating thinking of it. The meat is a proprietary blend of 100% pure Angus beef and I'm guessing the fat content is a 70/30 ratio or close to it. I'm always afraid this type of flat grill burger is going to be too salty (like most Smashburger joints) but this burger was salted to absolute perfection. The flavor of the meat was so delicious I was ticked off that I didn't order 2 or more. The burger is topped with fresh green leafy lettuce and 4 slices of ripe plum tomato. The ShackSauce goes on top and then the grease splattered bun on top of that. In a word, AWESOME. Again, with any near perfect burger, there's just not much to say other than go and eat it as fast as you can. 10/10. See all my photos at:

1 Thank Bill C

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Not sure what the fuss is about”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The line was short so I thought i would finally try this "REPUTATIONED" burger joint. Shakburger and strawberry shake seemed the way to go. $10.50 lighter, with the explanation of the sauce finally figured out (she said it was "tanjee" - after several requested repeats, I asked - like tangerine? she said - yes, tanjee....my brain has since deciphered our stellar education system victim as trying to pronounce TANGY), I say

Tourists - sure go - whatever....on your way to/from $5 cupcakes at Magnolia - knock yourself out.

But really, if you are looking for food/value - other than fresh (it was) it was basically a salty burger.and a creamy coolwhip "shake" (no icecream could have been near the foamy cup I was given) - if it hadn't been $5 I would have thrown it away - no joke.

The line wasn't long to order (quite a wait to receive food). Glad I tried it and know what the fuss is all about, but REALLY -

for $10.50 I felt...ripped off.

1 Thank tressed
Ajax, Canada
“YUM!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great Hamburgers and Hot dogs! The cheese fries are sooo good my fav part. get the cheese on the side. Dont bother trying to get a seat there its so packed! Take it to go.

1 Thank erin b
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Superb burger at Shake Shack”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a great burger at Shake Shack near Port Authority.
There was a line but we soon ordered and waited less than 5 minutes for our double burgers.
Tender and juicy and full of flavour. Crinkle fries were good too.
Great atmosphere, very busy and a bargain!!

1 Thank Bigwednesday
Legnano
“Is Shake Shake the best Hamburger in NY?”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Probably yes. I was totally surprised. Taste, smell, everything is perfect and surprising if you think we're talking about an "hamburger". But this is something special. Nice place, cheap price, nice people. Everything is perfect there. Believe me. try it!!

2 Thank MarcelloMatranga