“Best Burger Ever!”

Shake Shack
Ranked #100 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Best Burger Ever!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Worth the wait in line to try this unique burger. Just the right amount of spicy and sweet, loved the Shake Shack sauce and those cherry peppers!!! Loved the peanut butter shake too. Don't pass this place up when visiting NYC!

• Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You've got to try one if your in NYC”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We finally got to sample Shake Shack on our second trip to NYC. We were staying on Madison Avenue so the one in Madison Square Park one was the closest. We had seen how long the que's can get before, but when we got there are 4pm on a Monday afternoon there wasn't much of one at all! Only about 6 people in front so didn't take long. We had burgers, the cheesy fries and I had a Peanut Butter shake which was soooo good! I wouldn't say it was the best burger Ive ever had but it deserves a visit. It is quite pricey for what you get but its worth having at least once. If the seating is too busy then you can always take it to go and find a bench in the park like we did! I hear they are opening one in London this month so I think Ill have to give that one a try and compare!

Johannesburg, South Africa
“yummy”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Milkshakes, ice-cream, burgers, hot-dogs and chips but cooked well and in a beautiful setting. The ‘concrete’ ice-cream was very VERY good (look out for the flavour of the day)! Shake Shack is a super cute place to grab a bite. In the evenings the park setting is awesome: hanging lights and Empire State Building in the background. They make an awesome mushroom veggie burger and they even have a menu for dogs!

Vancouver, BC
“You must try their burgers!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Friends told us to try the Shake Shack as we departed for our first visit to New York. As luck would have it, there was a location in Madison Park close to our hotel. The "Shack" is nothing more than a glorified park concession stand. There is no indoor seating at this location and we shivered eating outside on rickety park chairs and tables (which were at a premium). But the burgers made it worth it! These were indeed the best tasting hamburgers I've had in my life. Their "mushroom patty" is unique and delicious. The fries and shake were equally excellent. The Shake Shack had long lineups well into the evening (on a weeknight too) and we can see why. This place is a "must eat" when you're in Manhattan.

Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“A classic : don't get discouraged by the waiting line !”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Everybody was talking to me about this place being THE best burger in NY. The waiting line was very long but hey, I was on vacation, no stress, I had my IPhone and Breaking Bad playing, I was not going anywhere ! I ordered the cheese Shaky Shark with a Fifty-Fifty (half lemonade/half iced tea). The burger was really amazing, melting in my mouth. I thing I would of take a second one ! Go try it !

Visited June 2013