“You must try their burgers!”
Review of Shake Shack

Shake Shack
Ranked #102 of 13,763 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Vancouver, BC
“You must try their burgers!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Friends told us to try the Shake Shack as we departed for our first visit to New York. As luck would have it, there was a location in Madison Park close to our hotel. The "Shack" is nothing more than a glorified park concession stand. There is no indoor seating at this location and we shivered eating outside on rickety park chairs and tables (which were at a premium). But the burgers made it worth it! These were indeed the best tasting hamburgers I've had in my life. Their "mushroom patty" is unique and delicious. The fries and shake were equally excellent. The Shake Shack had long lineups well into the evening (on a weeknight too) and we can see why. This place is a "must eat" when you're in Manhattan.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
“A classic : don't get discouraged by the waiting line !”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Everybody was talking to me about this place being THE best burger in NY. The waiting line was very long but hey, I was on vacation, no stress, I had my IPhone and Breaking Bad playing, I was not going anywhere ! I ordered the cheese Shaky Shark with a Fifty-Fifty (half lemonade/half iced tea). The burger was really amazing, melting in my mouth. I thing I would of take a second one ! Go try it !

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
“The heart of New York. Yum!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A must go. We loved the area, loved Madison Square Park and the squirrels running around. We went later in the day - after the lunch rush and whilst it must get very busy in summer, we arrived right before a massive queue. We had a shack burger, hot dog, fries and a shack attack - people with a heart condition - steer clear!!!! We enjoyed everything about it, truly felt we were in the heart of New York. We'll be back and you should go! Rated Excellent as I think it qualifies as a tourist attraction and reasonable eating place all in one!

• Visited November 2012
Cebu City, Philippines
“Love the burger!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We were there after lunch but the line was still long. Relatively quick service though. They served pumpkin pie sundae because it was around Thanksgiving, and it was delicious!

• Visited October 2012
Pleasanton, California
“Can't be in NYC and not go to Shake Shack”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

It's one of those hamburger joints where you will regret passing up on the chance to eat there. You will forever regret not going. Then, you'll have to wait until your next trip to NYC to try - and who knows how before you go back. You have to have the bragging rights to say that you've eaten at Shake Shack. And once you've eaten there, you'll be privileged enough to be able compare it to other burger experiences you've had. Food is definitely very good.

• Visited May 2013