“Hands Down Best Burger”

Shake Shack
Ranked #168 of 14,798 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Wow. Did not know about this place but happen to walk by and see the line out the door. We figured that's one good sign of good food or a lot of hype. Looked at the burger through the window on someone's table and it actually looked decent. Decided to come back 3 hours later and the line was still outside the door so we decided to stand in line like the rest of the herd. Best move of the trip so far. Burgers are for real GREAT!!! No hype here. Shakes are just good.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,273)

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Went to the shack twice hoping the line would not be too long. Both times the line wrapped around the park. They are suppose to have awesome burgers and based on the length of the lines, I would believe that. They do have an "A" and "B" line which worked for us because we could at least try the frozen custard which was awesome. The B line accommodates "quick" orders; otherwise I was told the wait is over an hour. Certainly couldn't go there for lunch.
Maybe next time!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Okay, WHAT??? Some delusion is being perpetrated on the people of New York. Because this place's burgers? Cannot deign to wave a napkin in the direction of the superior Burger Joint. We waited in line at Madison Square Park forever and finally decamped to Brooklyn (we were staying there anyway) to try our luck there. After another long wait, finally got that greasy burger into my greedy hands. ICK!!! It was lumpy and weird and SO SALTY!!! I took two bites and handed it off to my friend. Made do with the fries, which weren't bad but I was so starving by then, who knows? Didn't try the shakes, so maybe that's the attraction?

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We come here on our way to the theater when we don't have time for a proper dinner. The burgers are nonpareil. I like mine rare and other burger chains, unsure about the safety of their meat, won't serve burgers rare. I like to think Danny Meyer buys meat that he thinks is trustworthy. Anyway, the burgers are delicious. I just wish there weren't endless lines and crowded, uncomfortable spaces in which to eat them.

Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Line was long but worth it. Weather was cool. Burger like always tasty.